E-11 blaster databank

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately it is an old PM and I cannot put a screenshot of a PM online, because it stands against what a PM is.  At the same time he didn't login on RS since 10.23-2012: http://forum.rebelscum.com/users/5874/.  You can also see the thread where he posted about his blaster, so there is not secret about it: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t864402/#post18841532 But if you want that photo off, no problem from my part.

the key is permission with open source.

every element of data needs to be perfect.

I must have perfect permission by being in contact with the owner of the photo or data.

everything on my website has been cleared by a basic situation

of personal ownership.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Photo with proto is off, if anyone wants to see it, go to the link above. But I added another pic of mine with the 2 MR blasters shown together (I used to have 2 MR E-11 at some point, one loose and one complete), since by mistake I deleted all, so I had to search once more for them.

You have permission for my own photos I posted, as for the MR proto (the only pic it wasn't mine) you can try to contact the RS member to give you direct permission. That is your job.

Edited by jkno

I can assure you that when these things were built originally they had little regard for mm precision and positioning of bits stuck to blasters. You can tell the care they took with continuity when you look at all the different troopers in the film. Some had CO2 can some didn't, some had parts on the wrong legs and arms, some had stuff on backwards, Gaffer tape, some were missing stripes and mic tips on their helmets, some 'Blasters' had counters, sights, power cylinders, some didn't. They used different sights, counters etc........ Real Sterlings, resin casts......

My view is if it looks good and similar to an original then that's "good enough"

Not to mention the 6 foot rule. If you could not see it from 6 foot then it didn't matter. They did not have HD/Bluray in the 70's and 80's so it didn't matter.

Look at Vader, his helmet has marks , scratches and dents...... The Helmets & chestboxes I own, cast from originals have modelmakers fingerprints on them! LOL

Take it all with a pinch of salt........ If you like it that should be enough to keep you happy.

We can all obsess about it, but things changed so much during filming that any position of anything should be fine.

Vern, you criticised my blaster when it was shown off. I made no assumption that it was totally accurate to any scene. And yes the curly wires are not the right colour. BUT....... I love it and it was an inspiration to others to build blasters whether real Sterlings or not. And that's what I think matters more. IMO. :duim:

On faith a few pics. (Which are mine) :)

fhihkI0.jpg

AHppoq7.jpg

u2aqpks.jpg

]

links dont work

marv is on site. marv's tracks are not wide enough for a real sterling.

thanks@!

This is an incorrect statement. I supply t-track the same as Marvs from the same source and I believe it to be pretty much spot on. It's whats on mine and it looks great.

To this day it's the only "found" T-Track that looks right. It has the small channel on the underside and is intentionally used to run sliding doors on. Exactly what the original is supposed to be. It's also from the UK which the original was. The only person that dispels this as being incorrect apart from you is Gino and that's only because he apparently spent a fortune tooling some for a custom run and his was sized from photos. And we all know here that can lead. :lol:

Edited by sskunky

when marv track was applied to a wiselite sterling all the vent holes are uncovered?

on most e-11's we see no holes along the track?

and you are right mark you have a very nice blaster ! thanks for sharing!

Thanks Vern!

What is a wiselite Sterling?

I find it looks great on a real sterling.

EDIT: don't worry. I just looked them up and the reason they don't look right on a wiselite is the holes look twice the size than an original sterling.

Edited by sskunky

Wiselite makes semi auto sterling's with a longer barrel that are legal in the us. It's what THG is basing their rubber blaster on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

a semi auto rebuild sterling

here it is being bondo'd up

img8811m.jpg

this is the THG rubber blaster in production

marv track being modded for casting

www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/23598-thg-props-rubber-e-11-build-thread-pic-heavy/

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

• 5 months later...