Did Lucas add ROTJ suits in ANH?

DroidHunter

I was just watching the Blu ray collection (x-mas gift this year) and was paying close attention to it for the first time. When it came to the scene in ANH where the extra Sandtroopers were added in ("Look sir. Droids." scene), it looked to me like the new guys were in ROTJ armor (based on frown, ab button config and shoulder bells). I'm only a rank amateur at this point in picking out armor differences, and I'm sure this was discussed long ago here, but I was just curious and looking to see if somebody would care to chime in.

Yes, those are the Special Edition troopers, made with promo armour (based on the ROTJ moulds). They were added in 1997 and have been in every re-release since.

And in the scene in the were Han is runing after the Stormtroopers in the death star. when they stop you can see a hall full of ROTJ troopers, too. But those are digitally added :)

And in the scene in the were Han is runing after the Stormtroopers in the death star. when they stop you can see a hall full of ROTJ troopers, too. But those are digitally added :)

As well as some officers on an upper level if you really squint hard.