Purchasing Armor: I think I missed something

About six months ago I came on these very boards and found a lot of interesting and helpful threads that showed you vetted sources and contact information for people who manufacture and sell armor. Now I come back on the board and it seems like that those same threads are gone. Everyone is kind of working undercover. I see references to people's initials and no clear-cut way to contact anyone. Did something happen? I might have missed something as far as… Well anything.

I only ask because I got an email from somebody looking to buy armor and I went to reference the thread I bookmarked and it was gone. Can somebody fill me in? I don't want to get anyone in trouble for passing a contact along.........

I was following some links pointing to the "reputable dealer" threads and was getting a bunch of "not founds." I kept digging and I was finding cryptic messages like "you just gotta know somebody" etc. Maybe I was just seeing what I wanted to read, but 2 of my friends mentioned it, too.

Okay... (cough).... I'll move along then.............

Yeah so.... oops.

The "The various types of armor and where to find them" thread was temporarily misplaced but moved back to its original home today.

Sorry for the confusion.

-Eric