Shimming bicep pieces on Ap armor

cha0s

Hi Chris,

I've got AP armor, too. I read your post wrong at first and was posting pics of my bicep pieces, but then realized you have the opposite problem. I've got scrawny biceps. :) You don't need to see those pics. :)

As far as I know, you can shim them. The cover strips will help you, too. I think the usual cover strip for the arm pieces are 15mm, but I think going up to a 20mm cover strip is ok, but get some morre opinions just to make sure. I believe if you can get the shims to line up flush to the original biceps pieces, you should be ok. And, then use slightly larger cover strips to help hide the shims.... Good luck! Keep us updated when you get the time.

Edited by jnnfr72

Yes, what Jennifer says... plus you can have a gap between the "butt" edges that the cover strip covers up... gives you even more room in there! If you do have to have wider strips, put them in back and be sure to note left and right. Nobody really takes your photo from the back, right?

I initially did this on my AP set as I like to lift as well. Had to swallow my pride and take them out, though. :) You can see the process I used in the three posts below. The first one starts on the 4th image down.

Post 1

Post 2

Post 3