HELP- Broke My Hasbro E-11 Circuit - Looking to buy replacment.

mr0072003

HI guys, I was in the process of making a HOW TO DOOPY DOOS TUT for the boards, when I realized in the middle of what seemed to be good progress, I may have damaged my Circuit board on my hasbro E-11 and now it does not make sounds or light up. I AM SO BUMMED, is an understatement to how I feel right now, as the whole point to have the Hasbro was to have the cool Sounds and lights. The sounds was more important to me. Here are some pics of where I think the damage was done. I found the chiped piece of the green part of the board bent back. It seems that when I was prying it opened I may have slight pulled it out, when pushed back in, I must have bent the circuit back. I tried bending it back but nothing and then it just chipped off. sigh.

My question to the FISD group, are there other options for a replacement? Does any one have a spare board they are not using, and maybe I can try and replace it? I would gladly pay for it of course. I got this at such a good deal too. 8$ on ebay +8$ shipping $16 total.

Ideally I would love to get a whole set up to simply replace what i have, having only to sotter the batter part. I am not good with electronics by any means.

post-17911-0-00638600-1357094776.jpg

Bummer, not to worry there is an option, go and find a cheap toy gun (i have been picking them up for @ $6) and rip it apart. Most of the internals are pretty simple and you can even get a couple of hi-bright LEDs and really make it glow. I have used this method on 3 of my blaster builds (links bottom of signature). Good luck

This dirty sandie took the guts of an mp3 enabled bullhorn and used it for his t-21 BFG:

-Eric

Edited by gmrhodes13
updated text

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! Manuel you are seriously one AWESOME DUDE. Your idea worked. At least in the initial stages. I got some crap wire out of one of my sons old electric bubble shootera. The wire is so small but I thought what the heck I will give it a shot. So I had my mom, who happened to be visiting, press the button while I held the wirea in place to where you told me too based on the Diagram you were so nice to make up, and next thing you know Im getting blaster sounds. IT WORKED!!! ITS ALIVE!!!!

Manny I came across your post first when starting to research "HASBRO SOUNDS" in the search engine here, and when I watched your VIDEO i about pooped my pants at the greatness of what your blaster sounded like. ABSOLUTLY GREAT. I posted on your thread too, saying if you ever sold them, I would be first in line. Then I saw the other Italain guy who also had a great set up, and then of course Hyperdyne and the other that start with a P. And thought these guys would laugh at my problem.

When I posted this thread, I felt like I was posting to the internet deadness, and (if lucky) I may get a helpful link to here or there. A fix was a dream shot though and Guess what, the one guy who I thought could look at this and figure it out in 2 seconds flat and would NEVER even see this thread.BUT my Storm Trooper prayers were answered and thanks to you I think I may have a working gun once I take it to work tomorrow to have my boss Solder it back on. Any suggestions on what my boss should not do when soldering back on?

Manny seriously though, THANK YOU, I could not sleep last night as I was so upset about this and thinking I had to spend more money to get a blaster working again. You SIR are AWESOME!!!

I will post pics of it fixed here and add it to the tutoriol so that if others have the same issue, we can help them too!!!!

Edited by mr0072003

OK so quick update. My buddy at work was able to soder it back together. I used a wire from an old Cell Phone Charger and it worked like a Charm. Its funny cuz I showed

my buddy your video of your blaster project, and he was like I think I can make something like that if I followed his schematics. There was another gentlmen that started doing one your setups too, but he listed links to all the parts, and now my buddy wants to give a shot. I have another friends who is a programmer and thinks he can handle the code for us, unless its as simple as copying and pasting the code that was already listed. Are first question was where do you get all the sounds? If we paid you could you provide us the mp3 files?

Your friend accross the pond.

Edited by mr0072003