fiberglass helmet?

Have you seen this helmet before? It's fiberglass, from a maker in Bolivia. Does it pass muster?-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19329-where-what-and-whom-to-avoid-when-buying/

Start with those two links before going to ebay. It'll save you lots of questions, time, heartache and most of all, money. :)

Thanks, I'd read both of those posts already and saw no mention of higher quality fiberglass helmets, nor was this particular seller on the blacklist. It looks like a very high-quality helmet, with robust padding, chin strap and metallic frown mesh already installed. I also could not find any mention of eFX using the forum search to find out of the eFX ANH STORMTROOPER HELMET - PCR is authorized or not. I think that eFX helmet is supposed to be the stunt trooper model?

Anyway, it seems like we can buy nice helmets but have to make the armor from kits, so I wondered if either of these would be a good start, especially the sexy fiberglass one.

Edited by flerndip

Thanks, I'd read both of those posts already and saw no mention of higher quality fiberglass helmets, nor was this particular seller on the blacklist. It looks like a very high-quality helmet, with robust padding, chin strap and metallic frown mesh already installed.

And I can see in a matter of 2 seconds that that is not what I would call a quality helmet. While more accurate than an FX, it has several flaws compared to how it should look, and those hovi tips are terrible. Plus, there are no one currently making "legit" fiberglass helmets so it's guaranteed a recast.

No, FX is an old ABS helmet. Oversized and just terrible. Have a look around at starwarshelmets.com to learn more.

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/fan-made-stormtrooper-armor-submenu.htm

AM is the least accurate of our vetted sellers. It's the successor of FX. They recently stopped producing AM armour so that they are not sitting on lots of old armour once the new kit is ready for sale. What is it you're looking for?

gary, the key to our vetted sellers is that accuracy is not the only factor, AM armor, or any kind of armor made from fibreglass might sound interesting, but the truth is

mathias is simply being diplomatic, and accurate in his statements.

if you want a quality representation then you should look for screen accuracy in design and workmanship.

RT mod, and AM armors are made for larger people than screen shot.

screen shot individuals are 160-190lbs 5 11 and very slender waisted 34-36 inches at the largest part of the

waist.

AM armor is for waist sizes above 37" and is designed for chest and arm/leg sizes above screen used. for example

the shin/calf armor on screen accurate is 17" thighs are 23"

for AM or RT mod armor it's above 20" shin/calf and way over 23" for a thigh.

fibreglass is not used in the 501st as a sign of durability, it's actually a sign of a bad seller.