New AP build

Got my armor kit in 2 days ago, and have been VERY rough cutting the top and bottom of the thighs and calves.

I noticed a faint line on both the inside and outside of the pieces- is that a reference guide to the final cut?

don't be afraid to post images with your questions...this will ensure that what you are asking/or how we reply does not leave room for interpretation or assumptions.

good luck with the build! :duim:

This is a link to my FB album. This is where my most detailed build is. In order, anyways. I have some running commentary on it, unlike the bucket. It's set for public access, so anyone should be able to see it. If you can't, send me a quick friend request, and let me know you're from here. I could use all the info I can get!

Kev

don't be afraid to post images with your questions...this will ensure that what you are asking/or how we reply does not leave room for interpretation or assumptions.

good luck with the build! :duim:

what Charles said, i found it very helpful for me to post pictures here so other people can see what im doing right or wrong.. AP is a great kit, i love it... have fun and good luck on your build.

looking forward to seeing some progress pics.

004-2.jpg[/img]<a%20href=Okay, so AP users, did you guys have to trim down the "bump up" connector parts? From what I've read, the strapping is supposed to be 20mm, or 3/4" for my metric illiterate friends- the "dumb down lines" that are indicated give me aroung an inch and a half of exposed armor. Actually, now that i've taped 2 shins together, it looks like I have close to 2 inches. <a%20href= Edited by KevinD

I built an AP kit too. The trim lines on the armor are just a starting point and will work for those doing overlap method of construction. For accuracy, you will want to consider using cover strips and butt joint assembly. So, for a 20mm cover strip on the legs, you will need to trim until there is about 10mm left on each side... But be sure to check fit before you trim too much away. It's OK to have some of the "landing area" show beneath a 20mm cover strip especially if you need room to fit your leg into the armor.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, HERE'S a bit of a pickle.....

Turns out, I have spaghetti legs (really skinny), but my upper body (chest, biceps, and forearms) are huge- in proportion. I can make 20mm/ 3/4" strips work on my legs, but There is NO way I can make 15 mm strips work on my biceps. To get my forearms INTO the forearm pieces, I have to leave the butt plating edges at 1" each.

My question is, how will this affect my acceptance? Has anyone else run into this problem?

I am pretty sure you will be fine. Also sometimes you can cheat a bit with a little heat to make oval pieces into round, or vice versa. Good luck your going well

My basic question is, would I get a rejection for having 20 or 25mm cover strips on my arms? I'm not sure of the acceptance restrictions, but, honestly? Shouldn't the suit FIT- first and foremost? Screen accuracy be second?

Just me.....