Aker voice amp placement and Problems...

Got my ap armor done and have run into problems. Since my ap is smaller than the fx, my aker doesn't seem to want to work very well, and if it does work I get a ton of feedback. So what should the setup look like for an ap armor kit? I don't want to have the amp visible and I don't want feedback. I am trying to use the memorex wireless system with it. I've tried the front and back of the armor and there isn't much room. How does the icomm setup look like for ap tks with the same thing as me? Help!

I have AP...

NON WIRELESS setup -> I have my iComm and an original white stick iPod Shuffle in the left breast portion of the chest and the Aker in the Right breast section. no feedback issues once I have the Aker level tested and marked.

I have the memorex kit, but I am unable to get it to work in side the armour/bucket..so far... still trying to figure out how to make that work.

Edited by chookaboom

Same as Charles, minus ipod, and reverse left/right. I get feedback only when I really wanted to cause it.

Maybe your issue is the microphone's pickup pattern and its placement? Is it the headset that came with the Aker? Using a unidirectional microphone is the best way to prevent feedback, and sacrificing output level. Which you compensate anyway through amp volume and screaming.

Edited by Nicky

Got my ap armor done and have run into problems. Since my ap is smaller than the fx, my aker doesn't seem to want to work very well, and if it does work I get a ton of feedback. So what should the setup look like for an ap armor kit? I don't want to have the amp visible and I don't want feedback. I am trying to use the memorex wireless system with it. I've tried the front and back of the armor and there isn't much room. How does the icomm setup look like for ap tks with the same thing as me? Help!

Feedback should be avoidable if you use the aker microphone. You can use thw aker mic with the wireless transmitter. the aker mic is directional which means the mic opening need to face your mouth. The opening is marked by a white line. If I have the mic tip place right and the voice amp pointing in the opposite direction, I can bring the amp to within a few inches of the mic at full volume. Turn the amp toward the mic and the feedback starts. Try experimenting with it outside the armor to get the hang of the mic and amp placement....

I hang my aker amp around my neck but if I have it too high up in the chest I get feedback. Mine hangs so low that it is somewhat behind my ab plate around my belly button (not all that comfortable) I'm using the aker mic. At some point I'll do something easier/better but for now it works fine.

-Eric

Feedback should be avoidable if you use the aker microphone. You can use thw aker mic with the wireless transmitter.

Jim, I just received your wireless kit a couple days back and once I put transmitter in the bucket and receiver in the chest, the signal is a no go because I cannot extend the antenna. What is the recommended/ideal working placement for the receiver in a TK for that kit ....would the back be a better place and just run the wire around to the AMP in front?

I got this set up from one of Sparrow's threads, it works most of the time, but lately I've been having some problems with it intermittently cutting out. Seems to be a good set up though and it doesn't interfere with motion or look bulky or anything. When it works it's awesome!

--------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

On 11/21/2012 at 10:40 AM, chookaboom said:

Jim, I just received your wireless kit a couple days back and once I put transmitter in the bucket and receiver in the chest, the signal is a no go because I cannot extend the antenna. What is the recommended/ideal working placement for the receiver in a TK for that kit ....would the back be a better place and just run the wire around to the AMP in front?

First, it is always best to contact me directly for help via email (familyjim72@yahoo.com) for help. I respond much quicker to emails than to forum postings.

Next, I would always try and test your setup before putting it in your armor. Make sure you are plugging it in right before you go through the hassle of installing your gear. Check out the wiring diagrams I made on my website at---------------

I have never had to extend my attend to get good reception. I have placed the reciever in both my back armor and my front armor. When I have had connection problems it wad usually due to two things. First, weak batteries, usually in the transmitter. Second, not sliding the transmitter "on-standby-off" switch all the way to "on". The "standby" is in the middle and it is easy to make the mistake of not pushing it all the way "on". I once tore apart my whole system only to realize I made that mistake.

You could always have a bad wireless system. If so I will replace it...

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working