My New RS Armor

Hello!

I'm very new to this forum, and I haven't done a lot of posting - but I'll doubtlessly be making more posts as I ask for help with my armor. ^_^

I just got my set of RS PVC armor in the mail. (Ok, that's a lie - I've had it for about a week or two I suppose - but I finally got a chance to take photos!)

Because I'm a complete newbie with neither the skills nor the tools to assemble stormtrooper armor, I gave the RS guys my dimensions, and they built the armor to fit me. On the one hand, I was happy to have a ready-to-wear suit! :) , on the other hand, it doesn't fit very well in some places. :blink:

The problem areas seem to be the legs, crotch, and left arm.

It's very difficult/painful to bend the legs, or is this normal? In the back photo below you can see there's not a lot of empty space between the armor sections.

This leads to the problem in the crotch, because there's not a lot of empty space for the legs to move around, the thigh sections rub against the crotch/butt armor which causes the strap button to pop undone whenever I do a march, or run in the armor.

The trouble with the left arm, or really both arms is I think the top-arm armor needs to be attached to the shoulder bells. Right now the top-arm armor is completely separated from the shoulder bells and they they tend to fall down my arms. Oddly enough (or maybe this is normal), the top-arm armor and forearm armor parts are attached together with a flexible strap. On my right arm this flexible strap is at a good length, but on the left arm this strap is very short, and whenever I bend my left arm, the top-arm section gets pulled down.

The only other thing I think I want to change about my armor is the ab plate and chest plate. Right now they're attached, and In most builds I've seen it looks like these parts are separated. I think the ab plate should be held up with suspenders, and the chest plate should rest on my shoulders (well, I think that's the correct way of doing it). Also, with suspender straps I'm wondering if I can hike up the crotch area which ought to help with it rubbing up against the thigh armor.

Any way, I should stop typing and post pictures! Here they are:

Front / Right / Left / Back.

Good-Front.jpg

Good-Right.jpg

Good-Left.jpg

Good-Back.jpg

And some casual poses.

Good-Relaxed2.jpg

Good-Relaxed.jpg

And some action poses!

Good-DieRebels.jpg

Good-ShootPose.jpg

Who needs an E-11 blaster when you got a ghetto-blaster?

Good-Blaster.jpg

And what else can I do?

Good-NowWhat.jpg

Well, I guess Disney did just purchase Star Wars, so I may as well get ready for it. :D

Good-Mickey1.jpg

Blasting rebels and waving at the camera. :P

Good-Mickey3.jpg

All in all I'm having a lot of fun acting in this armor! (Even though some movements are quite painful with the current fit!) Please let me know what you think! I'm really new at this, and I'd appreciate any feedback! :)

• Like 1

Hi Gordon, welcome aboard

Congrats on the armor..lit looks great, i think my only concern is that your wearing your shins a little high. Just bring them a little bit lower and it will look better, and i dont know if its the angle of the picture, but fron the side picture, are your thigh piece to big? They seem a little odd. But thats just from my perception, you'll have to wait for the pros to chime in.

And as far as bending your legs all the way...thats gonna be something hard to do, its already hard to walk in, i think running is a no no... I have found that walking around in the armor is something you have to get use to.but no worries, you'll get there

There are a few mods you can use to add a suspender system to hold the ab and kidney pieces, but the way RS assembled your armor was the way the originals were done. But i think overall you look great, just a few tweaks here and there and you'll look like one mean lookin TK.

Well done on the disney pics....looks awesome

Thanks for the welcomes and the comments! :)

i think my only concern is that your wearing your shins a little high

I see what you mean. The shins are catching on the top of the boots, rather than going overtop of them. If I tuck the boots in that'll drop the shins and give more space between the thigh and shin armor, and make walking less painful! Thanks!

are your thigh piece to big?

They might be, I don't really have an eye for it yet. In the front / back views it looks about right to me - but I see what you mean on the side view.

its already hard to walk in, i think running is a no no. . . but no worries, you'll get there

I hope so! I definitely don't expect to sprint in the armor, but if I can run like a stormtrooper, which I suppose is to say kind of an aggresive, quick walk - then I'll be happy. ^_^

the way RS assembled your armor was the way the originals were done

I didn't know that. :blink: Well, now I'm a little bit loathed to change it. :lol:

Well done on the disney pics

I couldn't resist, heh heh, thanks for all the help! :)

I think your suit looks awesome! Like Its come straight out of the movie.

Thanks! When I first got the suit I was a bit worried. Particularly about the size of the helmet. It's huge! But seeing it all together, I look a lot less like a bobble head than I feared I would. :tkbig:

try lengthening your chest and ab loops.That should bring you chest armor down.

Actually, I'm trying to hike up the chest armor so the thigh sections don't run into it as much. But I like the idea of adjusting the loops rather than adopting suspenders - I'll give it a shot! Thanks. :)

Welcome and Congrats to the Armor.

Thanks. I'm happy with how it looks, now I just hope I can improve my mobility in it, and get it to not fall apart. A good example of poor mobility/falling apart is in the shrug pose. My right arm (holding the gun) is able to bend much more than the left arm, which I can't bend any further. Also the right top-armor twisted just about 180 degrees and I had to fix the armor after the pose. I'm hoping attaching the top-arm sections to the shoulder bells will fix this up. . . or is this a bad idea?

Good-NowWhat.jpg

Thanks again for all the help guys!

Edited by Eidrog

Just got my RS armour through the post today. It's a thing of beauty! Although I'm building mine & it's looking like it won't be ready for a little while. A lot more work than I was thinking. Yours is looking ace though.

• 3 months later...

Your armour is nearly there actually.

The size and fit looks good on you.

You do have to tweak and adjust it to fit you however.

As mentioned earlier up in the posts, your shins were not on properly.

They should go over your boot tops and therefore they will drop down about 2 inches to give you ealing leg room.

you are also able to remove some plastic from the rear top of the shins, and remove some plastic from the lower rear bottoms of your thighs. This will aid your movement.

I can run and kneel down in my Armour.

It sounds like RS have assembled your Armour using their normal assembly method.

You can adjust this to suit you, no worries.

Your crotch strap is undone in at least one of your pictures.

You can either lengthen this strap.

Or put foam in the crotch section, or trim carefully around the crotch piece to make it fit you you better.

All these tweaks are normal adjustment to be made.

What's your height and weight please?