Daft Punk

Hello,

I have a question and would like y'alls input on what kind of glue to put this together. You are the plastic masters.

(Main thread on http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72933)

4944580585_10a0efd81c.jpg

This will be used for enclosure material by tekparasite, on Flickr

4944582373_28c9b31928.jpg

Partitions by tekparasite, on Flickr

4944583321_d39e2dd194.jpg

Enclosures Glued by tekparasite, on Flickr

I originally thought E6000 would work. But also 5 minute epoxy came to mind. I also might use plasti-weld. Since I didn't use anything BUT E6000 on my TK build two years ago...I don't know if a different glue be better.

Your input is greatly appreciated!

I have been using that plastic on my blaster builds and found that 5 minute epoxy works well, I do rough the surgaces with 80 grit sandpaper before I glue. It's good too as you don't have to hold the pieces fo very long before they dry, there is also a 1 minute epoxy around too bit think that is quite a bit more expensive. Hope that helps, good luck with the build :salute:

We have Selly's brand in Australia, not sure what you guys have in the US, just don't do what I did at first and buy the real cheap stuff from the discount stores, it is very sticky and takes longer to dry. You know what they say, you get what you pay for LOL. Good luck

-

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021