TK-1287's Helmet Progress

Hey everybody.

Earlier today I got my hands on a resin STUNT Stormtrooper helmet sold to me by a member of my garrison here in Las Vegas. I took some pictures as they were when I got it home, and got to sanding right away! The guy who sold it to me had originally planned to make it a Sandtrooper, but clean white troopers are the only way to go! I'm sure I'll just go with painting it ANH style, the grey teeth just really bring out the overall look to any Stormtrooper helmet in my opinion.

Right now I have an FX Stormtrooper suit, and rather than replace the helmet and have an inaccurate suit, I plan to sell this resin helmet once it's all done to fund an AP suit.

Here are some pictures of the helmet as it was 3-5 hours ago :)

otqGBUy.jpg

bWg5RH8.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

I'd go with decals if you can find them. Is that the fiberglass helmets that come out of South America? If you cant find decals for it, I'd recommend making stencils on the computer and scaling them to the proper size. Then cut them out to aid in your painting. Just about any helmets tubestripe kit will probably work.

Naw, I have no idea the origin of this helmet. I know that someone here in Vegas has the molds to it. He claims it came directly from a movie helmet. Which that's stretching it. I'm sure it has origins to an original helmet, but not a direct cast.

could be the set for stun

but if you´r going to have a special bucket just try to paint all details by yourself

if it will not work you could go for decals

Probably the best idea, since I won't have any idea what will fit this helmet.

Does anyone recognize the helmet's origin?

So the SFS helmet and Dave M helmets are the same? And are also the earpieces on the TE2 and the TE2 faceplate and cap-n-back are from the Brian R helmet....ouchh.....my brain hurts......too many helmets to keep trak of....need more beer.....