Helmet Help (paint)

inabit

hello,

right ive got the fans and mic ready to install, but i want to strip it all down first and paint the inside black and re install everything, get it looking good and up together in there.

what i need to know is do you need a certan paint for the inside, or is a case of as long as its black.

cheers

I was wondering about painting the inside of helmets. Does it show through to the outside at all? I have the AP kit. Does it make your eyes harder to see through the lens? Would a layer of paint compromise future gluing in of fans etc? Ie would the paint be a weaker bond point compared to gluing directly to the plastic?

I used a common satin black after giving the inside a light sand. I did sand off the paint where I wanted to use glue as I didn't want things to fall out

• 6 months later...
On 11/1/2012 at 9:56 PM, Tsalagi said:

I just did mine last night and used Plasti-dip. It is some type of rubber like substance. $5 at home depot attachicon.gif======

How did you get it so smooth? Is this brushed in? It looks great!

I have to remake my helmet as I had a nickel size hole on the front left face, I repaired it and it looked great for about 2 months now cracks are spreading so its time to start from scratch.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020