Very limited helmet movement......

Hello all:

I am building a RT-Mod TK currently. As I am coming to the end the excitement grows.

My question: Is it common to have very limited helmet movement? I have very little side to side and even less up and down.

I believe I ultimately need my neck to be about two inches longer, but I don't think I can fix that. lol

I have been thinking of enlarging the openning of the helmet a bit. The Helmet with my RT came assembled. I am thinking of removing the trim and cutting off about half an inch all the way around.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so what kind of things have been done.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Mike

I can look left-right pretty well in my TM/C lid, but only a bit up and hardly at all down. I'm pretty sure its meant to be that way, the troopers in the movies didn't have a lot of flexibility either.

It could be that your chest and shoulder straps are higher than they need to be and are causing the helmet to be limited in it's movement, I'm just guessing since I can't see any photos. Perhaps you could put some foam in the top of your helmet to raise it up a bit off of your armor.

Without seeing a picture we can only guess and try to help.

I was a wrestler most of my youth and into college. I have a barrel chest and big shoulders. The trap muscles in my neck and shoulders lift the shoulder bridges and chest up a bit. This makes the bottom of my helmet hit my chest when I try and look down. This could be what you are experiencing. Im also guessing since you have RT armor that this could be the case as well since its made for bigger troopers like myself.

Post up some pics and we would be happy to suggest some fixes for you though.

good look buddy

Isaac

If the helmet is getting stuck on your shoulder bridges, you might be able to heat and bend them lower so they're out of the way. Another option is to add some padding to the top of the helmet so that it sits higher on your head and further from the armor.

Well Isaac you are correct I do have a barrel for a chest. I have had a couple people suggest placing more padding in the top of the bucket. I am going to give that a try. I am a abit worried on that because the helmet fits fine current. Darn I wish I had a smaller chest or longer neck.

Thanks for all the suggestions I will let you all know how it goes.

As for posting pics I am having issues. I posted pics on a build tread and now every time I try to add pics to any post I is telling me I do not have enough file space. It looks like I have only a finite amount of space to post pics. Am I doing something wrong??

you can even link to photos from Failbook (I do this because I hate the mobile Photobucket)

Just a thought, you might get more movement if you use a chin strap (at least side to side)

Forces the lid to follow your head

The other day I wasn't using mine and noticed that nodding to people wasn't working