Paints for ANH Stunt helmet

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I coming back with my paint problem ^^

I have firstly tested the "Testors 1138 grey" on the teeth of my helmet (following the advise of a friend).

This color is not bad, very close to the color used on the Master Replica, but I think too much dark...

On the left, the Master Replica, on the right my helmet

photos3262.jpg

I have a VT Hero where the grey seems to be good (it match perfectly with the stickers sheet "Dave M"), and the VT is more clear than the MR helmet.

VT on the left, my helmet on the right

photos3259.jpg

Yesterday, I have repainted the "Testors 1132 grey" with the Humbrol Dark Admiral, and the Humbrol is very more clear than the Testors (no pictures yet)...

I have the feeling that the good grey color is somewhere between the Testor and the Humbrol...

The grey used on VT hero looks to be very close to the good color, but I have no idea of the paint used.

For now, I really don't know what I must do, be too clear with the Humbrol or be too dark with the Testors v___v)°

I Have humbrols and used them on my ab buttons, but the cure time was very long and as I had to apply multiple coats, annoying.

I went with testors gloss gray on my Lid, and I like it a lot, and I think its a better match (not as dark) than the model masters.

Here is how I chose my colors based on this post: http://www.whitearmo...eference-guide/

ArmourandHelmetHumbrolPaintColours_.jpg

Just saw that the gray testors is 1138! :laugh1:

Edited by rhapsodyred99

Mine was probably old. Here in the rural parts of the States, its hard to find Humbrols and I had to order some and who knows how long it was sitting around.

It is also possible I simply did not stir it enough being used to testors.

I Have humbrols and used them on my ab buttons, but the cure time was very long and as I had to apply multiple coats, annoying.

I went with testors gloss gray on my Lid, and I like it a lot, and I think its a better match (not as dark) than the model masters.

Here is how I chose my colors based on this post: http://www.whitearmo...eference-guide/

ArmourandHelmetHumbrolPaintColours_.jpg

Just saw that the gray testors is 1138! :laugh1:

I used this same paint reference, but did not read closely that the Blue Angels Blue was the TRADITIONAL color, and the French Blue was the REVISED color for the tube stripes and ab buttons. I bought both, and only ended up using the French Blue. Just a little FYI.