Mayhem's RT-MOD Build

Mayhem75

Hello all:

I started a build tread months ago (about May). So I thought I would put this one together to show the progress and hear what other TKs has to say (good or bad).

Well as everyone goes through the excitement of wanting to do a TK build, to the massive reading to figure out which kit to go with, to the excitement of finally commiting to finally pulling the trigger and accepting the PayPal payment. Then the waiting, more reading, asking questions, more reading, buying supplies, more reading, more asking, more reading, hoping the boots I just brought will fit without trying them on. Small parts start getting delivered, excitement grows as you wear these groovy white boots around the house while welding an E-11 blaster (all while the Wife and Daughter roll their eyes and hope the blinds are closed). Then the day comes when the long awaited "BROWN BOX" get delivered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is like Christmas Day!!!!!!!!

Open the box to see what will be a dream come true, white plastic bent and formed into what is to eventually become the dream come true of one who was 7 in 1977! Of course the first thing to be done is to try on the what is now commonly referred to as "the bucket" from all of my reading. To side this on and after figuring out know to get my melon into it, opening my eyes to see the world through the green lenses...... Who needs rose colored glasses, not this future TK!

A few days later, after wearing the bucket around the house a couple times, all the parts get laid out and the build beings. The once high level of excitement turns into worry and almost sight panic - how do I start. I have done tons of reading on how to, where to, what to start with. I hope I don't screw this up, did I fit the bicep enough, maybe fit it one more time............ Then the first cut - did I cut it straight, more blue tape then more standing in front of the mirror, then the first sweet smell of E6000!

Once you are pass the first cutting and fitting the roller coaster then starts. Excitement, wonder, panic, relief, excitement, frustration, excitement.... Repeat all of these for many cycles and in random orders.

So enough of the long rambling and on to the pics........ (sorry for the lack of quality these have been snapped with my blackberry - work issued).

post-16085-0-39808300-1350241963.jpg

post-16085-0-51655300-1350242148.jpg

post-16085-0-56846800-1350242167.jpg

post-16085-0-04918900-1350242179.jpg

post-16085-0-67074700-1350242545.jpg

post-16085-0-23314600-1350242555.jpg

post-16085-0-96691900-1350242579.jpg

This is a start I am running out of space I will continue in other posts.......

I had the same feelings during my build, I also started in May and am still at it.

Keep your head up, it will work.

So far your forearms look good.

I don´t know if you want to go for EIB or Centurion, but you could consider getting yourself some screen accurate rubber chemical gloves and painted latex hand guards.

Mine are pretty nice, thanks to the Queen of Handguards

--------------

Have fun!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Thanks everyone - over all I am having a blast! As for EIB or Centurion status - I am just shooting to get accepted into the 501st first. After that who knows where it will take me. I am hoping a Galaxy Far Far Away.

I am trying to add more pictures but it is saying that I do not have enough file space left. Do you only have a finite file space per thread? I was hoping that each post would let me attach more pics. Anyone have advise to help me on this, or do I need to start a new thread each time?

What was it I said recently?

"RT-MOD: Taking over FISD one giant sized trooper at a time."

Have fun... post more photos... and let us know if you need help.

-Eric

Not sure how to add more photos, so I am trying to use photobucket:

-----------

I hope this link works

As you can see I still have the thigh ammo pack and sniper plate to attach. The sniper plate I had was too small. I talked to Rob from RT and he is sending me a larger one.

Belt and TD still needs to be done as well. Need to make some clips for it too.

The picture of just my hand is proof that these rare earth mags are evil and will bite you if you do not keep your your eye on them.

Eric - how does one post more pics directly with out using outside links?

Here is to the Giant Sized TKs :pint1::Stormtrooper_walk_south:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021