Correct Style Scope?

Mongoose

The CRL's state for Expert Infantry that the correct style scope must be present. Just curious if this is the correct style scope? I do have a second blaster built by Pandatrooper and the scope on that one looks a little different but not by much. Basically what I am asking is would the scope on this blaster make the cut or not?

--------

Thanks.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

For EIB, yes. The Hasbro with Doopydoos add-ons is accepted for EIB.

There were two basic styles of scope in ANH. What you have on the Hasbro is the same style as the M38 scopes; like the one on the right in this picture. The other style is a bit shorter like the one on the left.

med_gallery_14191_17_12343.jpg

The blaster is very nice, doopy kit really adds up to the old Hasbro!! The scope looks like a cast of a M-38, but not sure about the groove in the middle where it goes thinner. Could it be a cast of an M-38A2, and not filled in right?

I think the groove is just the way that the Doopys kit adds on to the Hasbro. The basic Hasbro scope front is pretty bad, so the Doopys mod has you cut it off and cover it with a couple of resin pieces. The Doopys addon comes in two resin parts which are the front detail with the screws and lens, and then that little bridge piece, which is basically an adapter to the Hasbro but give it a bit more of an M38 shape.

All-in-all the Doopys kit does a pretty good job of making the Hasbro scope look like an M38 with just a couple easy to attach parts.

7E97087B5056900B100F8782D33B5333.jpg

The blaster is very nice, doopy kit really adds up to the old Hasbro!! The scope looks like a cast of a M-38, but not sure about the groove in the middle where it goes thinner. Could it be a cast of an M-38A2, and not filled in right?

Didn't cast anything. Just put the Doopys kit on and used the scotch tape roll method on the back of the scope. Still want to replace the back rail evenutally with a strip of metal. Figure it'll look even better then. Too bad I clipped a wire somewhere and now there is no pew pewing. :Laser:

Didn't cast anything. Just put the Doopys kit on and used the scotch tape roll method on the back of the scope. Still want to replace the back rail evenutally with a strip of metal. Figure it'll look even better then. Too bad I clipped a wire somewhere and now there is no pew pewing. :Laser:

The doopy scope is cast from an M-38, that is what I meant ;)

May I say something to clear a fact up about the Doopydoos kits.

They make a kit to convert the Hasbro blaster to look a bit more like an authentic E11.

They make a full resin kit E11 blaster.

All of the components are not the same.

The full resin kits are near as darn accurate.

The Hasbro parts have been reworked to fit onto the Hasbro.

I just wanted to mention this, as you are referencing the Doopydoos parts for other readers of this topic, but not clarifying which kit parts you are referring to.