Gaps question

Ok, tried on my armor for the first time the other day after working on it. Here's my dilemma. I have to much of a gap between my thigh pieces and my cod piece, also the same problem in back. My thigh pieces are as high as they will go and I can't bring down my back and butt pieces lower as it would end up in an unacceptable gap between the kidney and butt pieces. I am 6ft tall and I am assuming that is what's causing this problem. I took a look at the Stormtrooper HWT and that photo reference for the costuming standards is about what my costume looks like with regard to the thighs and lower part of my costume having a large gap in the legs/cod piece area.--------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Thighs are the biggest pain in the galaxy.

Ideally you can get them to go a little higher without too much extra gap on your knees. You may have to take them apart and widen them a tiny bit if fitting over the thigh is a problem. (Mine only go so high also. Damn girl flab.)

As for whether it's "acceptable" ... I have seen it on other troopers, but ideally we want the least amount of black showing. I'll have to let more experienced troopers answer that.

What type of armor do you have?

It's not how wide they are, it's that they are as far up on my thigh as I can have them without having them cut into my crotch. They can't go any higher. I was just using the photo to illustrate the gap. Mine actually go higher than the photo but there's still a significant gap.

It takes some time and trying different ways to attach the thigh parts. Your armor and how it's trimmed will also play into the fit. The picture you posted looks like the shins are trimmed too much (riding high) and the thighs are riding too low. It actually looks like a 6" trooper in armor designed for someone around 5"7-ish. :)

I'm 6"2 and this is how mine looks with AP armor:

dBuNeuL.jpg

Let me be clear. The picture is only as a reference to the gap between the thighs and the cod/kidney piece. The photo isn't suppose to be how my entire armor looks. With that said, I cannot take my thigh pieces any higher. In the photo they look low, however mine are not that low and yet I still have a gap like in the picture. If I take my cod piece lower, than it doesn't sit where it's suppose to. Here's where I am confused. my top half of the armor fits perfect. there are no gaps and it's right where it needs to be. However, if I adjust the top half to accommodate the lower half than the lower half will be corrected, but the top half will than be wrong. See my dilema? All I am asking is can I have a gap like that between the thigh pieces and the cod/kidney pieces and still be ok. I have seen videos on this site and other photos where there is the same situation and from that I assume it would be ok.