How did I do?

In an attempt to make my AM kit a little more accurate before trying for Centurion I have reshaped my bells and had a crack at adding on the 'swoop' to the left shoulder bell.

I also did a slight re-shaping on the biceps to make them more comfortable and a better fit.

So, let me know what you think. Any advice on doing it better or improving it and stuff is more than welcome. :)

The right shoulder bell (pictured on the left) is untouched besides having trimmed return edges. The left shoulder bell (pcitured on the right) is about halfway to the shape I wanted. I was originally using a kettle of boiling water.

S8gtjj3.jpg

All done. I ended up using a pot of boiling water, submerging the shoulder bells for about 5 - 8 seconds, and then squeezing the sides almost all the way together and putting them under cold water to set (whilst still holding them in shape).

tf8HiNb.jpg

Biceps, before and after respectively. There is no massive noticeable difference but they are much more comfortable now and don't dig into my biceps.

1vXyjEC.jpg

8QwfLe8.jpg

So yeah. That's that. I suppose this means more or less that there is no need to replace your AM bells for accuracy. They can be as accurate as you like, and you can do it in your own kitchen! (if you have a hobby iron in your kitchen :D )

EDIT: Forgot the pic of the swoop. I would like to have done it better, but I think it looks alright.

MpLG8fU.jpg

Oh, yeah. The swoop was a bit of a gamble because I was using a sealing iron and once it was rasied there would be no lowering it without damaging the plastic. I'm fairly happy wth it though. It sticks out a bit far and isn't quite as defined as I wanted, but it is there. :)

Besides, if it did ruin the plastic I wold just buy a set of new bells or something to replace them. :P

cool. I notice there in the process of changing the centurion requirements,the shoulders, chest and back plate being the main issue with AM and I commend you on your efforts but do you think it just might be easier to get replacement parts from RT foe example.

It could be, but RT-MOD still doesn't have the swoop. That's why it is sorta unfair to pick on AM alone...

I am gonna be finished with my blaster soon and I will have ticked all of the boxes for Centurion and ones that aren't even requirements. I don't care if I get grandfathered, but I don't want to be denied Centurion just because my kit isn't a super-accurate fan sculpt or a lineage suit. I have almost taken this kit as far as it can go accuracy-wise. I have one more mod planned but that can wait.

I just re-read that and I feel I was comign across sort of aggressively..

That wasn't my intention, sorry.

Thanks though, I'll hopefully get the pics done soon.

I just ment it's hard to recreate or reshape and especially the swoop.

It's a brave move knowing there's no going back.do you think trying to recreate the swoop is worth risking your armor ?:)

You must understand, John here has freakish skills with a sealing iron

I showed him how to bend a piece of scrap plastic like once

5 minutes later the dude is doing sweet neat return edges better than I could with weeks of practice

Also high-risk is the Valley Trooper way.