Shoulder positioning and fixing

Hello!

Wanted opinions, does this look like suitable positioning for rotj stormtrooper shoulders to you? I feel like it's sitting slightly too far forward but am not sure. I'm also not sold on the raised, visible strap.

Also, does anyone ever join the shoulder to the bicep and, if so, how? elastic? snapper?

thanks!

-------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

That looks pretty good to me. You could use a very slightly longer attachment if you don't want the strap to show on your shoulder. As for connecting bicep to shoulder I think most people use a snap and strap. I personally have elastic on mine. If I can find the picture of the thread I based mine off of I will post it later.My shoulder is attached to the bicep and the bicep is additionally attached to the forearm via snaps and elastic straps.

Yes, bigiron, that's what I was thinking - closer to the strap. I'll reposition the velcro once I get some more black.

I actually had elastic between the shoulder and bicep but was not happy with it, so removed it. I want to try and make a snap, instead.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Here are a few images I got that may help you. IMHO, I that you had it almost there, just need to have the bells sit higher / cocked from your shoulder. kinda like a NFL shoulder pad.

7XCbCMf.png

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Ah thanks, nice. Definetly need less strap at the top but for that sticcky out effect, i think I may need something in the bell for that - which is probably why the CRL has the lines:

• Shoulder bells shall have foam padding inside.
  • Shoulder bells shall be slightly pinched and should be worn slightly higher, compared to ANH/ESB.

I reckon a bit of foam will sort it.

cheers

Ah thanks, nice. Definetly need less strap at the top but for that sticcky out effect, i think I may need something in the bell for that - which is probably why the CRL has the lines:

• Shoulder bells shall have foam padding inside.
  • Shoulder bells shall be slightly pinched and should be worn slightly higher, compared to ANH/ESB.

I reckon a bit of foam will sort it.

cheers

Yeah or if you have any Ewoks skins.

3675892361_2736ebe41a_z.jpg?zz=1