Pipe build or Doopy Doos complete?

Silent

Ok been reading here for a week or so, looking into getting armor(will be at least first part of next year for that), so I am looking at making a blaster for now. Debating if I should go for a Doopy Doos pipe build or for just the Doopy Doos complete kit, or is there a better option? I definately want it 501st acceptable, and would like to try for Centurion at some time so I want to do as good as possible. Pretty sure I want to do an ESB build, I do have basic tool skills, and a good set of tools at home, but have not done much work with metal. Looking for some feedback from the more experienced troopers.

I first converted a habro and made quite a lot of mods but it wasn't up to centruion standards, next a pipe build with some doopy add-ons. Pipe build I didn't find too difficult and was a lot of fun, also it ended up being lighter than my hasbro. I have electrics and lights in both of mine and I found with drilling the holes and attaching the t tracks you get to see the lights in the gaps, don't with a full resing kit. Doopy do a full resin kit which I have heard is quite easy to put together but there are issues with its strength. Good luck what you decide.

Thanks, the sky is the limit, I think you can do a lot more with a pipe build, fit more inside, there are some nice electronic threads for blasters around so I may be doing another pipe build in the future. Good luck deciding :salute:

It really depends on the weight factor. The full resin blaster is real heavy. I have talked to many of troopers with the full resin and they have had to add alot of extra snaps just to keep their belt in place. The pipe build is the way to go in my opinion, depending on how crafty you are. You can always get helpful hints and idea's right here from everyone. Good luck trooper.

Think there is a little geek in all of us lol. Good luck with your build, you will enjoy the experience :smiley-sw013:

• 3 weeks later...