E-11 Hasbro - Doopydoos conversion

TK-92376

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie, I decided to start working on the blaster first while waiting for my armor. For now, I already have the doopydoos conversion kit, but still waiting for my E-11 hasbro. From the posts that I have read so far, i believe I would need the E6000 glue and filling material. Which type of filling material should I use for the gaps?

Thanks guys.

Allen

Edited by Allen

Have fun building your blaster. It's a great way to spend the wait. The sky is the limit on the mods you can do to your Hasbro.

I used Bondo when I needed to fill gaps like the screw holes. You will also want sandpaper to smooth out the Bondo after drying and to scrape off the logos and warning text on the Hasbro.

I also found that in addition to E6000 some CA Glue (super glue) is handy for some of the small parts. E6000 is great, but it takes a really long time to cure which means you need to have the parts held in place for 24 hours. CA glue is almost instant but it is more permanent. You should definitely have it on hand for repairs.

E6000 is probably more important for the armor where you will have potential adjustments in the future. On your blaster, once you have something set in place you will probably not need to move it. I used both, and it if you have never used it before it's good to try it a bit before you build your armor.

• 1 month later...

Is there a tutorial I could follow on how to build mine with the conversion kit?

You can have a look at mine here Hasbro build

I too found some great tutorials on the doopydoo e-11 blaster conversion. Some were on FISD, others were on other internet sites. I used "goop" glue and left it over night to cure. Like you I completed mine before I got my armour. Building it really got me into the whole stormtrooper zone. Best of luck on yours.