Help with new chest fitting

theisaac

Hi FISD,

So in an effort to make my suit more accurate I upgraded my AM suit with RT-Mod chest, back, and shoulder straps. The issue I am having is that there is a large gap from the top of the chest when its sitting in the right spot. Anyone have an issue like this and how did you fix it?

Or if you have a general idea of what I could try to make this work, I am all ears.

DpZFQXn.jpg

It is my understanding that the AM chest piece is longer than most... which means... I am not going to be very helpful. I wonder if you can look at some EI threads for AM and compare with EI threads for RT and see if you can eyeball some differences.

I'm sure someone else will chime in here with truly useful info. (Sorry :( )

im thinking i might cut the cod and shim it under the belt. this will lift the ab up and eliminate some of the gap. This might ruin any chance at Centurion though so Im torn. the AM chest is about two inches longer and thats about what my gap is now. Ill research it more but if anyone has done this please share any info you have with it.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here; but I don't see that affecting Centurion. If you have to cut the ab/cod to make the armor fit correctly and line everything up to better mimic the originals - do it. Test to make sure the canvas belt covers everything before you commit.