Scope rail details.

Aosen

Okay, so the two things I can't find are, the measurement between the rail and the top of the barrel and, how you attach the front tab of the rail to the vent hole. Do you just glue it in, or is there another that I can't see in the pictures? Thanks for the help!

Spank me if I am wrong here Admin!!! I don't think there is any definitive measurement between the scope rail and the barrel. HOWEVER, you do not want to make that space excessive. I persomally would not go ANY larger than 3/8 inch. Sorry this is so crude and not to scale, but the details should answer your questions. The front tab just slips into the vent hole. Then you drill a hole into the end that fits between the rear sight and then into the barrel. Attach it by whatever fits in this. A small nut and screw is fine. GyIApUv.png

On 9/18/2012 at 5:23 AM, gazmosis said:

Spank me if I am wrong here Admin!!! I don't think there is any definitive measurement between the scope rail and the barrel. HOWEVER, you do not want to make that space excessive. I persomally would not go ANY larger than 3/8 inch. Sorry this is so crude and not to scale, but the details should answer your questions. The front tab just slips into the vent hole. Then you drill a hole into the end that fits between the rear sight and then into the barrel. Attach it by whatever fits in this. A small nut and screw is fine.Ā 

Ā 

I wouldn't have the front tab bend a second time at 90 degrees if it at an angle it creates a spring, as you can see on this shot:-------

Ā 

This next shot shows the kind of thing I mean but is applied on a different scope rail. When done like this it holds in place much better.

--------

Ā 

Hope this helps

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hi all. I also have a question about the scope rail (apologies for hijacking the thread slightly, Aaron). I've bought a piece of aluminium which is the correct width (I hope) but I'm not sure what thickness it should be (I couldn't see this info on Billy's scope rail guide). Does anybody have this info or can they point me to it?