Almost ready for my ANH TK Build !

Hey guys ! I thought I'd post a little update. The paramount "Brown Box Day" is literally days away, I can't keep my eyes off of the FedEx tracking page! Should be here this Wednesday, two days and counting.

As for those who may be asking, I purchased an old, (never assembled) FX ANH kit. It is my first build so wanted to start off with something I won't be too worried about if my craft skills are long gone. Kind of interesting actually, the kit has remained in its box for years, never opened. As for a new bucket, a friend of mine offered to sell me his eFX for a generous price so figured why not. Going to have to do some over-haul come EIB or Centurion time, but figure it's a solid start. Will have to get a more accurate one, need to get some sources together.

Below is what I have put together-

(exempt are as many clamps as I could round up and of course the neodymium magnets )

and the rubber bands are primarily to keep me motivated and keep in consideration the Doopy's full E-11 kit I still need to order. (for holding all the parts together while epoxy sets)

I am going to construct the belt myself, not sure if I should include it in my build thread...? Or give it a thread all in it's own.

Feel free to leave me suggestions for the build and any other convenient materials I should scrape up.

9b6644bc.jpg

f14cfc5f.png

Thought I would share the tracking status. Let the anxiousness build.

Thanks guys! I'm ready for the journey! Haven't been able to focus whatsoever in any of my college classes. Not good, but it's for a good cause.

Even though it's not mine about to arrive I am still very excited lol :jc_doublethumbup: I'm still a few weeks away :blink: Enjoy your build, I will be watching

Thanks guys for the support! I was dwindling today trying to get something done, so I took care of my hand-made canvas belt.

I will be posting it on a new thread this evening or tomorrow. It went well, (as good as it could have gone for plugging in the sewing machine for the first time in months)

I'll leave a link here for all of you who want to do one on your own and want an extra thread to look at. Considering there is already a pretty good one on here. Altogether the belt only cost me an astounding $8.00 !!!

Some spare time and effort can really save you money.

Well done, as long as you can use a sewing machine and use a ruler they are pretty easy to make. Keep up the good work :smiley-sw013: