Going Incinerator - Where Should I Start?

HeyItsAdam

So I decided to give this Stormtrooper build a go. It seems like fun. After looking at all the permutations of TKs I've decided to go with the Incinerator Trooper for two reasons: 1) it's not common and 2) if I get bored or fail miserably, I'll have a cool red-highlighted helmet to wear to the Buccaneers games here in Tampa.

To make sure that I'm not in over my head, I'm going to start with the helmet and work my way down, but I need a little guidance as far as where to start. I keep looking at the Legion's requirements for helmets and to get to the higher levels I see that eFX, MCRE, and FX helmets are not allowed. I've been scanning eBay but it seems like those are the only kits available. A few questions:

• Is it that they're not allowed, or do they need modifications? I'm not afraid to drill out the frown or anything like that.
  • If they are flat-out not allowed, where do you go to get a decent helmet? I sent some emails to the "recommended" people, but no one has responded.

I guess I'm just looking for Step 1.

The helmets are allowed, but FX/AM is on it's way out and not recommended. MRCE/eFX require modification for approval. Neither are allowed for centurion (and with FX/AM also EIB) approval, but you can still get legion approval with them.

I recommend that you do not get either of them however. Start by reading this thread and you'll get a better understanding on how to get good quality without resorting to e(vil)bay.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11538

Took a couple days to hear from armorsmiths due to CVI and all. It felt like forever, but for the most part they are good at getting in touch with you and their information is pretty good if you ask for some. I'm pretty interested to see your build. Incinerator trooper has me interested as well. Maybe a build after I do my HWT.

Yeah! Go Red! :jc_doublethumbup: Starting with the helmet ist allways a good idea. If you head for Legion approval only, an efx might be a good choice. The helmet is quite inexpensive and good to wear, even on an 8-hour-troop. ;) But as said before: The efx helmet needs to be a little modified for approval. But all the modifications can be done quite easily. I don't like the shape and size of the FX bucket, so I would not recommend it.

• 3 weeks later...

TM is a great helmet, but for an Incinerator, I would rather recommend some ROTJ-derived helmet, e.g. CFO.

Actually, the incinerator is more like the reverse, with a ROTJ-like armor and an ANH-like helmet.

• 2 weeks later...

I got an ATA helmet to work with and have been piecing it together slowly. It's been a learning experience since this is my first experience using a lot of these tools, but luckily, the good guy sent me two sets of "ears."