AP eye sockets

The eye sockets molding sticks out a lot on the inside of the AP helmet. How much of this do people grind down? In other words how flush do you make it to the inside of the helmet or do most people leave a lot of it there? The more you grind down the less deep the eye socket will look.

I think a lot of people leave the depth as is. My AP helmet, I placed a thick foam(about 1 1/4") in the top/front of the helmet to keep my eyes from being pressed to the lens. I think the helmet look better without it being trimmed down. If the thickness of the lens is an issue, I bought my lens from ebay(not endorsing this website), which fitted very nicely without much openings between the helmet and lens. The AP does not allow much room, not like the FX.

Additionally, I also added some foam (3/4") to the back and sides to keep my head snug in place. Just remember, the snugger it is, the hotter or sweatier it gets. Another adjustment yo may want to try is placing a hard hat liner.