Does anyone own or have a lead on a mannequin to place TK armor on for a display when not trooping? Would be very nice to be able to display the armor holding a blaster when it's not being worn. Any suggestions or points in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Josh,

I started a thread about the mannequin I bought for my armour, which I think is an amazing "one size fits all", fully poseable 1:1 action figure which doesn't have a metal bar sticking out of his back for support.

Being virtually indestructible and doing everything it can do it cost a bit more than a wire/foam one. I put the email address of the guy who makes them up. Check with him for the latest price. Here's a link to the thread:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=20217&hl=&fromsearch=1

The maker's email address again:

Edited by cinderellaboy

If you like to have some money left after getting your mannequin, try the duct tape approach.

It does the job, and only costs you labour and time rather than huge loads of money.

Here's mine:

6843307710_a1a017f99b_k.jpg

Thanks for the reply Dennis. What's the duct tape approach? Is there a thread on how to do that? Whatever it is, it looks pretty good.

And thanks also to you Damian, your mannequin looks awesome! But 800+ GBP is a bit pricy for me personally to spend on a mannequin.

You're welcome, Josh. As I said in my thread..."horses for courses"... The duct tape approach could be making a duct tape cast of your own body (over an old t-shirt and jeans of course) then filling it to bulk it out... There are lots of how to videos on YouTube... Or it could mean taking a shop window dummy, cutting it up and reattaching limbs and hands with duct tape, fibreglass etc...there are also the wire and foam kinds mentioned in my thread, with links to the guy who's selling them...many ways to do it, depending on your preferences.

The duct tape approach could be making a duct tape cast of your own body (over an old t-shirt and jeans of course) then filling it to bulk it out... There are lots of how to videos on YouTube...

Exactly that. And as mentioned, you will find quite a lot of good tutorials by using Google alone (search "duct tape mannequin").

I pretty much did it like Evilboy made his.

The arms on mine are even somewhat poseable, and IMHO this approach sure beats shelling out huge sums on mannequins that

a ) have more articulation than displaying a stormtrooper ever requires and

b ) do not have your exact body measurements like a duct tape manny will.

For characters other than stormtroopers, Fett or Vader (I'm thinking Spiderman, or superheroes in general), Damian's option is the way to go. For a mostly static "soldier at attention" display though, I say rather save your money. ;)

Edited by ObiHahn

I agree, Dennis. Mine is a little overkill for a stormtrooper. As I mentioned, I'm building a carbon freezing chamber diarama base for the mannequin and have grand plans for it. The long term goal is to recreate the moment when Chewie gets angry and knocks the trooper flying. That's what I had in mind for my mannequin...a flying trooper. In the meantime, I don't need a second mannequin when I get bored and want to swap out my trooper for the Vader. When I eventually get the Fett, I can have him taking off.... All with the one mannequin till I get to fulfil the dream...I just love the flexibility. The parts of the mannequin expand to fit different body types... So i've matched the circumference of my biceps, thighs etc. And you can adjust the length of the limbs. I'm 6"1' but have stupidly short legs! Like sb of 5"8' would have. Lol

Mine is a mannequin that covers pretty much all eventualities, which I was prepared to pay for. Not too expensive for sth that does it all, will last a lifetime and that i could sell on to anyone (not that I ever would!). He's part of the family now. You know how it is .

Edited by cinderellaboy

Hey Mark, thanks for that link. Unfortunatly I'm not in the Legion yet (as I'm just starting my build) so I can't view it. But I do appreciate the reply. I'm thinking I want something in-between the duct tape method and the creme de la creme.

There is no doubt that you scored the be-all, end-all mannequin, Damian. :)

I just did the math and calculated how much stuff to display on said manny 800 quid will buy me, and that's where I felt that a simple, cheap yet effective approach will definitely do the job for most.

Hi Dennis

I'm not saying the one I have is any BETTER than any other... At the end of the day all any mannequin has to do is display the props as you wish them to be displayed... As we can see from your photo, yours does the job you want it to do ( and does it extremely well if I may say so, :-) ), just as mine fulfils my needs....people think me insane for spending £1,000 (GBP) on a few bits of vac formed ABS... They were less critical of me spending a lot less money on a precision engineered, steel, medical grade aluminium and injection moulded plastic mannequin that is highly adjustable and grows from 5"8' to 6"6', is fully poseable and "flies"... Lol

Btw I love your armour... Excuse my novice ignorance, but which is it?

On 7/27/2012 at 4:02 AM, pashnak said:

This looks good from TK Products

---------

That is my website. They are the same mannequins i am selling on the legion boards. my web designer is working on adding a discount code field to the order page for the mannequin. So if you want to order just contact me direct and figure a price of $135 plus shipping. familyjim72@yahoo.com.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered the mannequin that Jim is selling. I think it's a reasonable price and it arrived two days later (from Texas to Oklahoma) via FedEx. The box was pretty beat up when it arrived but the contents were not damaged at all. It took about 90 seconds to set up and it looks good. (My wife won't go near it and made me put it in a closet as it reminds her of the American Horror Story guy.) Now all I need is my RS kit to place on the mannequin and I'm all set. The only slight ding is that Jim said that while the fingers are posable they cannot hold the weight of a blaster. He suggested a workaround for this by using black wire to secure the blaster in the hand for whatever pose I'm looking for. Will see how that all goes down once I get my RS kit but thus far I'm happy with it.

Thanks again for all the recommendations from everyone!