Tk Armor

Alright I was wondering who could help me with my questions I been working on my ATA armor and does it come a manual to know how it is put together I just started glueing down my fore arms and they did not glued down all the way I used clamps but they where to short to go across so I stared to go back and glue more down with my abs cement and now I have a big gap on one side and would the strips cover it?

It does not come with a manual. I would recommend you look at the various build threads you can find here to see how others have done.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showforum=80

I have not yet purchased my armor, so I don't have any experience in building it, but one thing I saw in the threads is that this is a common problem. The solution that people seem to suggest is the use of rare earth magnets in the areas where the clamps won't reach. Typically placing a row of them on the top and bottom of the area being glued to help hold the two pieces together.

Ā 

There is some discussion about these in this forum article: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=20066&hl=magnets&fromsearch=1

Photos of the problem would help.

Ā 

I suspect part of the problem is that you are not using rare earth magnets. Most of us use them when gluing the forearms, shins, thighs, and biceps. They can be positioned on the long seams where clamps cannot reach.

Ā 

Like Mathias said, there are plenty of ATA build threads here. Along with screen captures, archive photos, and behind-the-scenes photos, the build threads will be your assembly manual.

Take it apart, sand it smooth and do it again. This time with more pressure along the whole length, for example by using rare earth magnets.

I saw two different kinds of earth magnets on trooperbay which one would be a good one to get and how would I take it apart with out ruining the abs?

As strong as you can find.

Since you used abs cement you're in a bit of a pinch. But if you're careful you might be able to get them apart. Just work it slowly. I can't recommend any specific method though. Just make sure that you use E-6000 in the future. Then you can take your parts apart without any risk.

I guess lots of people recommend E6000 but I hate it!

Ā 

If you're going to use ABS glue or cementer or whatever be prepared to screw up (on your first armor!) and be ready to use a dremel to get the gunk off. ATA should have sent plenty of extra ABS for the strips so you should have extra if you ruin your current strip.

One of my garrison members has been helping me out since I have no clue what I am doing he took my armor and over lapped it with my armor then he was going to put my strips on top of it. So feel like I am stuck right now on what to do now.

Don't overlap AND put strips on it. Do either, but not both. It just looks weird and doesn't give you the nice effect of cover strips.

so what should I do with part this the only one I was trying to fix on my forearm, my other forearm has a gap in it and my upper arm cover too should I just leave them how they are or is there away to pull them apart? could you use a heat gun or or try cut into the glue more or should cut both ends and start over and then start over ?

E6000 is your best friend brother. Difficult to work with but you'll be so happy you did. I can't tell you the number of times I've pried things apart with E6000. :P I have TK thumbs now.