JSB Build Thread

WOW intimidating!

I opened up the box and laid everything out. Alot of trimming to do.

So I started with the arms today. The bells, biceps, and forearms. Got the return edges off now I need to just start finishing all the edges so I can start joining pieces.

I am wondering though, as I have short arms, where to remove some from the length. The forearm piece I have a picture of it digs into my writst and the ditch of my elbow even before I bend my arm. Also the bicep piece cuts painfully into my armpit. Should I just cut the top notch part off? Please help!

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

I look forward to that similar scene in my living room. My GF may not agree, but I think it will be awesome. Looking forward to seeing your progress...please make mistakes that I can learn from before I start mine! :) Good luck and keep us updated.

I ran into that problem first starting out. All i did was get the size i needed for around my arm then i lightly sanded the wrist section to smoth it out. I started cutting 1/4 inches at a time from the back around the forearm until it fit me correctly when i bent my arm around. Once it was where i needed it, I sanded it down and removed all the rough edges. Now it feels really comfortable to have on. Make sure you buy some soft padding to insert into the forarms. this will keep it from spinning around while you wear it. I just finished mine and can provide guidence if needed, as can everyone on this site. they helped out a lot with advice.

Now I'm a bit curious myself since this is how a TE2 bicep and shoulder bell should look like:

45dc9158.jpg

And yours look nothing like it

photo2.jpg

Care to tell us some more about this armour? If your friend is recasting we'd prefer to know about it.

TE2 is also supplied with two biceps that both have the "thumb print", where as you only have it on one part. To illustrate, here's the second bicep part from the same kit as shown above. Notice the thumb print:

0f366013.jpg

That really is the truth. I'm sorry I don't know what else to say?

All I can go off is what he told me. I don't know where he got it from when he originally bought it. He has had the box for a few years. I figured he was being honest with me and that it was not a recast.....

If I am wrong then what kind of suit would it be??

Edited by jasterstrikesback

To make things easier for all of us, could you take some more pictures of your parts? It would help with a positive identification of the sources. One thing that is for sure is that it's not TE2.

Troopermaster, my friend does not have the ability to make a suit. I know he bought it online because he had told me and he was fairly excited.

Locitus, I will do that. Give me a few minutes as my only camera is my phone and I have to send the pics to my computer.

Thanks.

All right, so your friend didn't make the suit. Could you ask him where he got it from? Recasting is not only bad for the customer since it in more than 9 out of 10 cases deliver an inferior product, but it hurts the hobby as a whole by cheating the really good and dedicated producers who spend hundreds or thousands of hours and dollars on delivering quality products, and if they stop that, we have no quality products left. So it's an issue we have to take quite seriously, since it affects us all.

Did he give me a bad suit?????

Depends on what you paid for it. Often when people buy recasts they do it to try to save money, since they generally are cheaper than a "genuine" armour. What they don't realize it that the quality often is so bad that the thing breaks within a fraction of the lifetime you would get from quality armour for a few dollars extra.

Depends on what you paid for it. Often when people buy recasts they do it to try to save money, since they generally are cheaper than a "genuine" armour. What they don't realize it that the quality often is so bad that the thing breaks within a fraction of the lifetime you would get from quality armour for a few dollars extra.

He told me he originally paid $600 for it. I got it from him for $200. If I build this will it not be accurate enough to submit??

He told me he originally paid $600 for it. I got it from him for $200. If I build this will it not be accurate enough to submit??

It'll be accurate enough to get an approval. But I can't guarantee that it won't break after trooping a few times.