Paint "leaks" removal

TK-9805

Arrgggh! :( I was so careful in masking off the mouth and somehow, little, tiny places along the top and bottom still got ou, so at. Also, I overcoated, while the mask was still on, with Krylon Gloss Clear, so at this point, it's still a little tacky. Found that out when I laid the faceplate down on my lap, face down, to pick up my X-Acto and when I turned it over, the middle tooth and the one next to it, on the left, both have a light roughness texture of my jeans!

AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

OK. First of all, I am going tomorrow to AutoZone to get some Goo-Gone to get the residue off from the masking tape and some super-fine grit sandpaper.

What I really need is any advice on maybe how I could salvage what I have done, being that all but two teeth and the rest of the mouth is in pretty good shape. I'm afraid of trying to use the X-Acto to scrape away the small leaks. I just want to make sure I do this right.

Used Krylon Gray Gloss for the frown and Krylon Clear Gloss for thr overcoat.

Thank you for ANY advice!!!!

It's an FX.

I am not opposed to taking the paint off and starting over if doing it by hand is better, but I would need to know, from anyone who's done it, what is the most effective paint removal product and process.

I'd recommend OOPS. I'll remove paint with ease, and won't hurt the abs. It's also what I use to clean my armor after events. Wal-mart used to carry it but the ones by me quit carrying it recently, but Lowes and Home Depot carry it.

Whatever you use make sure it is acetone free.

I got a REALLY small paint brush from the art store, dipped it in paint thinner, and kept "painting" the overspray parts with it untill it disapeared...clean the brush between each pass..workes like a paint eraser!

I found out that the Krylon doesn't come off very easily, even with thinner. I ended up remasking the mouth and adding about a millimeter to the thickness. Just enough to cover the "leaks". I, then, hand painted the mouth with some acrylics I had. Got really lucky in that the black and white I mixed were almost the exact same gray as the Krylon.