Pep Helmet!

Well, been working on this most of today and yesterday, cutting out, and shaping. I ended up printing it all out on computer paper at home and using scotch tape and masking to hold it together. It's been a bit frustrating on a few nooks and crannies to get it looking symmetrical.

Eb4Qa.jpg

n1StY.jpg

ZBbIg.jpg

z4RWO.jpg

What do you guys think so far? Any tips, comments, suggestions?

The frown area of it was looking a bit deformed, so I got a metal for sale sign and cut it into a few strips to reinforce the face area and have the ability to shape it a bit better.

pmFiX.jpg

YiJus.jpg

oU47X.jpg

G2sMQ.jpg

Ya got no teeth....but that looks really cool man..... keep going

Haha, yeah. It wasn't in the templat things or whatever. I might go back and to put some makeshift ones in, but if I end up fiberglassing/bonding, I'll probably wait until I get a few layers of it one there

Are you planning to vacform a few?? If so what are you going to makethe mold out of?...not clay right?! I would start with plaster the pull one or two and fill with wall spackle....check out my..kids armor topic you will see

Looks very good so far, I don't know if you know this or not, but cardstock will make it easier to build and a little stronger from the start then computer paper, also on the rpf, if you look up a guy name Fierfek he's got the entire suit modeled out almost spot on.

Edited by Paix Wolf

Looks very good so far, I don't know if you know this or not, but cardstock will make it easier to build and a little stronger from the start then computer paper, also on the rpf, if you look up a guy name Fierfek he's got the entire suit modeled out almost spot on.

:D I was actually going to use card stock, like, go to staples or somewhere and have it all printed out, but I got a little lazy and just used normal paper. If I had it to do over, I would probably do card stock, mainly for the ease of the transition of paper to bond helmet, haha. Ah well.

Update: Been reinforcing more with the strips of metal from the for sale sign so the bondo doesn't destroy the progress thus far.

BZoIt.jpg

s0ImM.jpg

di0hC.jpg

Well haven't don't a layer of resin or anything other than reinforcing with the metal strips. A little unsure about wether or nt to go ahead and proceed to bond stage anyway :/ maybe I'll do a little more of the reinforcing step?

It would be best if you have it a coating of fiberglass and fiberglass resin inside to make it nice and sturdy, then put the bondo on. I made a Halo 3 Marine suit for a final in stage craft in highschool and skipped the bondo, just fiberglassed it and it stood up in full contact football.

Lol, I know, just didn't feel sturdy enough with just the inside going for it. Still going to go back and add some bondo, then milliput it to sharpen the details. Anyways, I'll keep updating as I work on it ;)

Aother update:

Added a bunch of bondo and started sanding, going to get more bondo tomorrow to finish coating the whole thing.

Here is it before I started sanding on it (weak of stomach should look away, lol)

XFHWE.jpg

BFqP6.jpg

Was and should have used a "cheese grater" on it, but I couldn't find it, soo... :rolleyes: little more work I guess

Edited by shade

Well, here's an update of where I'm at right now...needs a good bit of re-shaping. If you have any suggestions about what would make it be more correctly shaped would be much appreciated, haha

P0EAO.jpg

NSEUA.jpg

RBsZo.jpg

the back needs to be fixed too...

ev9bA.jpg

bkHy4.jpg

I know I need to build up the left side some more, add more to the round part of the jaw on the right and somehow reshape the dome so it doesn't look like it's turned the wrong way...

Edited by shade