Bigturc's AP Helmet , Finish product & inside guts part 2

Did you have to make the helmet opening any bigger? For me it is very tight getting my melon in there.

I still have to install my skullworx kit.

Curtis :D

Yeah I did!

I removed a little over 1cm all around .. a little more in the front/back.

It's still a pretty tight fit though. I'll probably end up removing a little more. Not sure if you even notices Han's bucket in ANH, but it was enlarged .. a LOT!!!

I'm gonna take as much picture as I can to make this easier for everyone!

Bless you, my friend. Please keep an eye out for requests on the AP 'Photo Request Thread'. I will be making lots of requests (if anyone can eventually fulfill my first request of seamless arms and legs). :P

Nice installation Alain!

How do the hovi speakers compare with the standard RomFX speaker? The RomFX is excellent and I have one waiting to go inside my helmet. I bought a louder speaker but it is the same size as the standard one and was going to fit it to my belt, but I would prefer the hovi type speakers if they are loud enough.

troopermaster said:
Nice installation Alain!

How do the hovi speakers compare with the standard RomFX speaker? The RomFX is excellent and I have one waiting to go inside my helmet. I bought a louder speaker but it is the same size as the standard one and was going to fit it to my belt, but I would prefer the hovi type speakers if they are loud enough.

Thanks Paul!

What I got with my RomFX kit was the big black speaker below. You're right, it has an excellent output volume but I was quite surprised by Supertrooper's speakers too. And so is everyone who heard them here!!! Plus inside the Hovies, it makes them resonate even more which add to the effect I think.

I'm not sure if you're saying that you wanna put that default speaker in your helmet or not, I guess not since this thing just wouldn't fit and the sound would be intolerable anyway so I must have read wrong. I'm sure you already read the other recent thread where people are highly recommending sound from the helmet .. I certainly approve! :)

By the way, I'm still keeping the black one to maybe put it at my belt for my Halloween party, I already have the splitter, which I thought at first would reduce the output volume from the Hovies, but after trying it, the speaker actually output as loud and same goes from the Hovies mini speakers, surprising, so that's a no brainer in crowded places!

Anyway, I'm really satisfied with my current setup, an all included speaker system is a must for the costume and I still can't believe how lucky we are in this group where you get from one, the RomFX, the other the speakers and the last one, the Hovies :)

nice helmet! great!!!

but,if paint inside to black maybe more cool

I'm working on mine,but stomper's hovi has not arrival yet. do you have any pics of speaker? I really want to know how's like. :)

please keep update! will follow your steps!

Alain,

I think you used Devcon plastic welder, right? Someone mentioned this:

'This is very fundamental, but for the new trooper it may help. Go to the drug store and ask for an irrigation syrenge or a childs medicine syrenge. You can suck up ABS glue into this thing and control you glue bead. The plastic is surgical grade so the glue will simply peel out once dried and you can use it over and over.'

Can I ask if you know about this? How did you apply your Devcon? I want my gluing to be as clean as possible especially since I will be working with very small surface area with the 'seamless' method.

One thing I've noticed in a lot of helmet pics are the bolts ends inside the helmet. I'm refering to the bolts that hold the ear pieces on. So do people cap them with rubber? I have not heard of anyone cutting their head on them when they either put on the helmet or take it off. They look like they could leave a nasty cut on the skull.