Kidney plate - please advise.

I am having trouble with my kidney plate. I am 5' 6" at 150 lbs, so being pretty small, i guess this is where my problem is.

When i put on my torso, the kindey plate slides under (or around) my ab plate. I cannot trim any more off the ab plate so I am going to have to trim the Kidney.

The problem is: once I do this it will no longer line up with the butt plate. I'm not talking about a few MM here- i need at least 1/2 inch to 1 inch per side for it to line up with the ab plate correctly without overlapping.

Would this be acceptable? I am building this armor to Centurion level, so I don't want to make any fatal mistakes.

Any help will keep me from throwing it out the window. Thanks ya'll.

Oooh, the opposite problem of me... so I can't help too much. However, if you can post a photo or two and let us know which armor you've got... I'm sure someone can help you.

That said, you show EIB already... is this a second set of armor? Or are you modifying your first suit?

Alrighty folks, I will post a picture for clarification. I'm just bad at it so give me a little bit.

Ingird- it is, indeed, a second set of armor. And it is MTK. :duim:

DLcvpAS.jpg

YsR8PQb.jpg

P08Yiso.jpg

Okay here's some pictures of what I am talking about. This is how it overlaps when it's not even as tight as it can be. There were a few clamps keeping it from butting right up to my abs and back. As you can see the kidney has plenty of room be overlapped by the ab plate- which goes back to my original question- can it be cut down. Let me know what ya'll think.

Not to threadjack, but I'm approaching the same stage of my build. So, the kidney is supposed to align with the edge of the butt plate, Is the ab supposed to align with the cod? I'll need to trim my ab, would I trim the cod as well (they're not connected, obviously)?

I'd trim it. I'd cut a little off of the kidney plate. I'm going to have to do that with the kit I am working on. The kidney piece I have is longer in height at the outside edges and shortens as you move toward the center.

You don't want it tight on you. You wanna leave some space between you and the armor. You can strategically place some foam in areas to help it sit right on you.

Hi Tyler, before you trim it make sure the the kidney is the right side up. The MTK armor, I am not to familiar with, but if its like ATA , the bottom edge of the kidney piece is a little longer than the top edge. The butt piece edge might be alittle shorter than the bottom of the kidney piece. When you hold the kidney piece against your back, the the edge that connects to the ab should be straight up and down like the ab piece edge. I noticed in your photo the top edge of the kidney is leaning forward. This could be the way you are holding it, just wanted to make sure.

Nick- thanks for the advice. Mike labeled the armor for me ^back and butt on the inside, so there are no worries there. It's probably the way I was holding it, it was a little akward just holding it there.

Daniel- that is something I have never even thought of. With the kits I had previous to this one (both FX :duimomlaag: ) I had it as tight as it could be against my body and it still didn't meet on the sides. I never considered using foam, but that sounds like it will help out alot.

I will take everyones advice under advisement and keep you guys updated. If anyone else has 2 cents on this feel free to drop it in.

Edited by TK5492

Alright, it seems that I am just too small for this armor. when I put on the belt, and everything tightens up, that overlap goes from 1 inch up to 3. Perhaps I should gain weight? :6:

It looks like I am going to have to take QUITE a bit off from by kidney. However the butt plate is seems massive because of this. Is it okay to trim the butt plate for Centurion? This is going to remove the return edge, but I just do not see any other option. I can't make return edges myself. I tried that trick and turned my old chestplate into a wonky mess. I am definetly at a brick wall with this.