stormtrooper armour

Hi to everyone, new to the site and would appreciate some info if anyone could help. Im looking to buy a stormtrooper armour, i have read about the people not to buy from but doesnt really say who are the best to buy from, i would prefer one already trimmed and built ready to wear, maybe im asking to much but hopefully someone may be able to help me

manythanks

jason

Some of the makers recommended by FISD offer pre-trimmed or assembled/made to measure for an additional fee. Contact the sellers to see get a quote and what services they offer.

A lot of people show up here asking the same thing, i.e. "I want armor that is already assembled and ready to wear." While finding preassembled armor is not terribly difficult, the "ready to wear" part is hardly ever the case. Even a preassembled kit built by one of our trusted vendors, using professionally-acquired measurements (i.e. from a professional tailor) you provide, will require some tweaking once you try it on before being truly "ready to wear" - exactly as if you were buying a made-to-order suit or tuxedo from a men's clothing shop. That's the best-case scenario. Worst case is that you'll get something that doesn't fit at all and/or looks like total crap, pay far more for it than you would have with a kit, and end up having to toss it in the trash and starting over. There is a recent thread where a member describes enduring this exact experience - and he included photographs to illustrate his story.

Assembling a kit is not as hard as you think, especially if (1) you take advantage of the resources available to you here at the FISD, and (2) you reach out to your local garrison for hands-on assistance, as many garrisons will set up "armor parties" to help new members get their kits together. :)

A lot of people show up here asking the same thing, i.e. "I want armor that is already assembled and ready to wear." While finding preassembled armor is not terribly difficult, the "ready to wear" part is hardly ever the case. Even a preassembled kit built by one of our trusted vendors, using professionally-acquired measurements (i.e. from a professional tailor) you provide, will require some tweaking once you try it on before being truly "ready to wear" - exactly as if you were buying a made-to-order suit or tuxedo from a men's clothing shop. That's the best-case scenario. Worst case is that you'll get something that doesn't fit at all and/or looks like total crap, pay far more for it than you would have with a kit, and end up having to toss it in the trash and starting over. There is a recent thread where a member describes enduring this exact experience - and he included photographs to illustrate his story.

Assembling a kit is not as hard as you think, especially if (1) you take advantage of the resources available to you here at the FISD, and (2) you reach out to your local garrison for hands-on assistance, as many garrisons will set up "armor parties" to help new members get their kits together. :)

thanks for the advice, makes alot of sense, thankyou for your help

I was there too not that long ago, I wanted a kit that would just show up that I could slap on instantly be a Stormtrooper. Then after lots of reading here and lurking on build tutorials I realized that while it may look daunting at first once you get ethe armor and make the first few cuts everything seems to start to flow. Just ask questions if you are unsure and always supply pictures when asking. So far I'm not doing too badly just by using the build tutorials and the search button. Love that search button. Also the pride when your done. I'm in the test fitting of my ATA armor right now. So exciting. Just don't get overwhelmed.

I was there too not that long ago, I wanted a kit that would just show up that I could slap on instantly be a Stormtrooper. Then after lots of reading here and lurking on build tutorials I realized that while it may look daunting at first once you get ethe armor and make the first few cuts everything seems to start to flow. Just ask questions if you are unsure and always supply pictures when asking. So far I'm not doing too badly just by using the build tutorials and the search button. Love that search button. Also the pride when your done. I'm in the test fitting of my ATA armor right now. So exciting. Just don't get overwhelmed.

thanks for the advice, hope it goes ok for you, hope you going to send some pics once complete

As has been mentioned, beware pre-assembled. While it usually comes good there is always risk involved.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=19541

That was a member of my garrison who had a rather nasty experience with pre-built armour. :mellow: