Narrowed it down to ATA vs AP ...

I can answer the first one. This is from Gazmosis' build When you ask for two right biceps it'll look like this (minus the thumbprint mod):

This is what you get when you don't order it that way. this is from my brown box pics (still a WIP):

The lefts are curvier than the rights.

I am curious about the left and right biceps not matching. Is that more screen accurate?

I didn't know about this until after I already got my ATA box. Are there a lot of troopers out there with mismatching biceps?

Long story short. Original suits had a left and a right bicep (not mirrored, not identical). The original suit found in the dumper was incomplete (only had one bicep). The first suits cast simply had two identical biceps.

Somewhere down the line, someone (don't remember the details, TE?) cast another bicep from a tour suit. Since then, some replica suits have been available with proper left and right biceps (two different parts). AP still uses the two identical biceps parts.

There's arguments in favour of both solutions. With the extra tour suit biceps you have a proper left and right side. But the biceps part from the tour suit does look significantly different to the original one. Some say it looks out of place and it's better to have two identical biceps.

I say it's better to get TM or RS armour. :lol:

I am curious about the left and right biceps not matching. Is that more screen accurate?

I didn't know about this until after I already got my ATA box. Are there a lot of troopers out there with mismatching biceps?

we both found that actually getting the helmet on our heads is pretty tight and have to put it on at an angle to be able to get our heads in, is this normal?

I picked up some paints today and plan to finish the ears and paint some tomorrow! I'll post pics when were done! :smiley-sw013:

we both found that actually getting the helmet on our heads is pretty tight and have to put it on at an angle to be able to get our heads in, is this normal?

Yes, you have to turn the helmet 90 degrees when you put it on. That is normal. You can see Luke do it in ANH too. :)

• 1 month later...

Definitely not AP (depends what you mean by "bigger" height or weight). From what I've seen RT, AM would be better.

AP is really made for screen sized troopers without too much tailoring. 5'10, 150ish lbs.

• 2 weeks later...