ANH Imperial Binders build

I decided to make screen accurate looking binders in the style used in ANH in Chewbacca (and most likely on Leia too). Comparing the referens pictures I got from ANH blu-ray and comparing the size with the stormtrooper armor a came up with a sixe of about 10 cm / 4" in diameter. That is HUGE on a regular person. So i decided for about 7,5 cm / 3". The original is most likely made of brass pipe, which would be rather heavy and not so easy to find, so I chose plastic plumbing pipe, which unfortunately had too thin plastic. (About 2 mm.) So I glued two layers together. (This is this constuctions biggest weakness. Because it tends to crack and sepperate under stress. And getting pipe with plastic about 3-4 mm thick would be much better. However, this was not anywhere too be found in Sweden.) Also, I accidentally mirrord the constuction. Not a big problem, but still annoying. The blueprint shown here is however correct!

Sanding it, spraying first with a primer, that a gold spray color. Adding some weathering with a brush and some dark greyish brown color. And then a glossy coating.

The actual prop has no way of staying "locked", exept putting a pin in small holes. So I made my own descreet construction with a small pin sticking out, and a hole.

I have more pictures from the build. I can e-mail them to anyone who is intrerested, just PM me.

(Also, i think this should be in the CRL for Stormtroopers and approppriate officers, as these are being used by those in ANH.)

Now I am off to put them on my Rebel Legion ANH Leia (senatorial gown) girlfriend!

post-15630-0-75761400-1333656202.jpg

Edited by TK-7959
  • Like 1

Looking good! I think making the connector between the two cuffs able to rotate will decrease the risk of breaking. If you haven't done that already. :)