Helmet - to match AM armor

I think you are referring to the color? It will be close but may not match exactly. Unless you order a crap ton of ABS sheets of the same number from the same manufacturer, the colors may vary slightly. AM might not be using the same ABS as AP. It shouldn't be that much of a concern because the many of the helmets in the film did not match perfectly with the armor either. It will hurt nothing if your varies a little as well.

ATA is pretty much spot on. RT mod is slightly whiter that AM (AM is kinda yellowish)

this is my ATA ESB helmet with my old AM chest under sunlight. You can see it's almost the same color. (I use an RT mod chest now and ATA backplate)

-------------

Hope this helps :duim:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

One cool thing is for the original screen TK (stunt ANH) the Armor and helmets were not color matched. The original armor was a milk white and the helmets were a khaki and painted white.....

So if your lid does not match exactly will your armor, then you will be in the right step with the movies TKs.. :duim::smiley-sw013:

If you want to be really close in color, TMC is very close, RT comes second slightly bigger I believe) and ATA comes third as the plastic is slightly more cream colored.

AM has a warm tone to it. AP is almost a cool white.

Another great match thats cost effective - get an ATA styrene kit and paint it. Use warm beige underneath and top coat with 2 layers of Krylon white (I'll track down the exact color for you, I painted a bunch of styrene chips to try and match the color). I have 2 TKs in my squad that painted their lids and they both match well.

Check out the films. The helmets didn't match the armor in them. You want screen accurate, it doesn't get any better. :P

Go with whatever you like and whatever fits your budget.

On 4/2/2012 at 8:05 PM, BananoPower22 said:

ATA is pretty much spot on. RT mod is slightly whiter that AM (AM is kinda yellowish)

this is my ATA ESB helmet with my old AM chest under sunlight. You can see it's almost the same color.

Hope this helps :duim:

great thank you!!!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed