TM 1,5mm ANH(stunt) [*TM]

Just picked up a box from Paul today.

Here is the insede content :)

P5220001.jpg

Two great looking helmets. I'm partly exited and terrified, at the same time, but I think its going to be a fun build to try!

No sniper plate at this time though, but I'll manage :) afterall its my own fault the old one is warped :)

Edited by Arnie_DK

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Startet a bit of trimming today, and when I have the face in the position I want the tubes sit very wonky. Can this be helped, if I trim some more on the forehead, that goes under the helmet?

I'm comparing it with the helmet TM assembled and painted.

P5230001.jpg

P5230003.jpg

P5230004.jpg

You can have the tubes line up or have them wonky. It all depends on the look you are going for. Each helmet is assembled slightly differently than the other so go with what you like.

Take the ear caps off the one I assembled to see if the tubes line up or not if it helps.

Test fitted with the srews from my "old" helmet.

P5260001.jpg

Looks allright I think. The brow is slightly higher on the right side, but nothing anyone will notice unless they look for it.

I bought the paints recomended for painting the bucket. Humbrol no. 5(grey) 14(blue) and 21(black). They are all gloss, but the one TM painted is in matt colours. What would be the most correct?

I used the same colours on my ab buttons, and I like the shine, but dont know about the helmet.

The vocoder looks to be satin black (#85).

Hehe freak accident, but thats actually what I just bought today. I thought I bought the #21, but #85 must have been in the wrong place :)

Cut out the eyes and teeth.

Noticed one of the teeth need a bit of sanding, but otherwise happy with it.

Think I'm ready to rivet it now.

Wil have to find some screws and bolts for the ears as well. The ones used here belong to my completed helmet :)

P5260013.jpg

Didn't I send you the bolts for the ears? :unsure:

I can send you the correct brass bolts on Monday if not.

Nope, just the rivets and washers, but thats allright, I will take a look in the hardware store and see what I can find ;)

Both ears are on, but they are not as flush as I had wished for, but I dont think it will be any better.

P5270001.jpg

P5270003.jpg

I found some screws and washer in the hardware store. They are slightly bigger, but it was the closest thing they had. And was probably cheaper (5£ ish), than having Paul mail them to me from the UK :)

P5270002.jpg

Next step, painting.

• 2 months later...

This have been lying dead in the water for a while now. Just been too busy to finish it, but its finally done, and I have already been wearing it for some unofficial trooping.

But final pics of the helmet kit.

P8110002.jpgP8110005.jpgP8110006.jpgP8110007.jpgP81100022.jpg

My other TM helmet kit, will be used in a replica HDPE build, but that will probably get a thread of its own when I get the time to start it ;)