TM 1,5mm ANH(stunt) [*TM]

Thanks Paul.

I didnt want to cut anything because I had seen some troopers with quite pointy thighs.

But I have changed them now. I used the heatgun to start with, as I'd like to keep the return edge.

I also like the little notch on the back of the left thigh, so I kept that :)

P22100016.jpgP22100026.jpg

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So the build have been veeeery slow since my last post (I'm blaming Sparrow for Jinxing me :ewok1: )

Mostly its the back of the shins that were giving me a hard time.

But they are curing now, so all is good. All outer and inner strips have been added and are either curing or have cured...except for the forearms! They have been left out again, but at 5 am this night/morning, I didnt really have the energy to sand them and glue the strips in...That will be done today.

So the few progress pics I have.

P2220002.jpgP2220001.jpgP2220003.jpg

Oh yeah, almost forgot. I have had this donoe for some time now, just forgot it.

P22200032.jpgP22200022.jpg

yeah... I should have exspected that... But oh well. Now I have an excuse to stay up late...again.

The first parts ready for further work will be at 2208 (UTC: +01:00), and the last at 0519, so I have plenty of time for making snap plates...now that I dont need any more cover strips...and get the forearms finished.

Edited by Arnie_DK

Finally...most parts ready for next step.

But any advise on removing that ugly blob of E6000 leftovers?

P2230003.jpg

Sorry for the blurry picture, but my camera dont like the white shiny ABS up close...

You may need to cut it, but start with peeling, and cut and rubb as you see fit. Most of it should come off by peeling, and some may require more "persuasive" methods. :)

Or if you have longish fingernails that works for cutting the E6000 , but they might not be there after your finshed LOL , nice job by the way mate always like to see a TM build ;)

Thanks for the tips guys.

I found out that a modified chineese chop stick worked very well :D

Time for some update pics!!

The belt is still my old one, but hopefully I will get the new one from TM today or tomorrow :icon_beg:

P2230001.jpgP22300022.jpg

The chest straps are done as well, but still need a few taps on the back.

P2230006.jpgP2230005.jpg

I might have been to eager to get the sniper plate flush fitting with the shin...It been warped a bit on the left side...

P22300024.jpg

Morten , do you mean the back bottom the lip area of the thighs is giving you trouble and the back top of the shins to ? if so then cut out in that area a V shape on the shins and a upside down v shape at the bottom of the thighs this will allow for more leg movment benind your knees and will be more comfatble when trooping ;)

Edited by SW1

Yep, that exactly what I meant :)

But I'm just gonna cut the thigs to begin with, and see if the shins still bother me after that.

Have tried the chest on now, and think it fits.

P22300062.jpg

Also, just to be sure, this would be the correct place to fit the snap plates and elastic in the shoulder and bicep area?

P22300025.jpg

I thought you were going to fill the gap in the front of the thigh!

Snaps inside bell, and position of strap look fine, but since you're quite tall I'm not sure you need straps between the bicep and bell. I put a snap in the top of the bell as well that connects to the shoulder strap with it's own small strap.

I thought you were going to fill the gap in the front of the thigh!

That was my plan... :unsure:

Snaps inside bell, and position of strap look fine, but since you're quite tall I'm not sure you need straps between the bicep and bell.

Not sure I follow you here?? Why wouldnt I need a strap connecting the bicep to the bell??