TM 1,5mm ANH(stunt) [*TM]

I've tried theese before, so at least I know they are good, but really... Thats just robbing people.

I think I gave what, 10$ for 30 magnets on trooperbay!

Oh well... Aint building if I'm complaining. Break is over, time for coffee an E6000 :D

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Need an extra opinion on this.

P22000042.jpg

To mee it looks wonked, but is that okay for a shin?

Its the left shin and the back strip isnt glued yet.

Edited by Arnie_DK

Hmm... seems I'm stuck while waiting for the E6000 to cure. Lets have a look at the to do list.

Add inner and outer strips to both forearms(Why didnt I get 8 more clamps!!!)

Attach the sides of the sniper plate

Outer strips on thighs, shins and biceps

Attach ammo pack to thigh.

Snap plates all around

Strapping.

And the belt.

Talking about the belt, I have looked around in the Centurion section for some info on where the buttons should be positioned and how big the 45 degree should be cut. Does it go from the ammo belt to the canvas belt, like on the right in the pic, or is it a bigger cut, like on the left(the pencil marks are only there for illustration).

And the buttons. Again, left or right is the right choice?

P2210002.jpg

I'm trying to make some lenses that fit to the eye sockets in the helmet, and then glue them in using hot glue, but I cant seem to get them to sit flat. Any advise??

P22100042.jpg

Thanks guys :)

Aaand its ready and waiting

P2210004.jpg

If you look at TMs picture of that original belt you should think about trying to set the left and right cover sheets more to the inside and cut off some more ABS on the left and right to closer match the original dimensions.

I have tried to cover that on my build http://s1161.photobucket.com/albums/q506/eldrik_whs/Stormtrooper/?action=view&current=47da4041.jpg#!oZZ19QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1161.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq506%2Feldrik_whs%2FStormtrooper%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D145ec0a8.jpg

Maybe you give that a try?

I'm trying to make some lenses that fit to the eye sockets in the helmet, and then glue them in using hot glue, but I cant seem to get them to sit flat. Any advise??

Don't worry, you'll be very glad of a bit of air flow through the gaps when you are wearing the helmet. Air circulates through the frown and eye sockets and prevents misting.

Don't worry, you'll be very glad of a bit of air flow through the gaps when you are wearing the helmet. Air circulates through the frown and eye sockets and prevents misting.

The problem with the lenses, is that the lens itself have an uneven surface... But maybe I shouls just leave some of it unglued, so I get that airflow you are talking about.

If you look at TMs picture of that original belt you should think about trying to set the left and right cover sheets more to the inside and cut off some more ABS on the left and right to closer match the original dimensions.

Hmmm yeah. Didnt notice that. I measured my belt length from Stukatroopers build on Flikr.

There are fantastic build threads on this forum but I would always try to measure from pictures or scences that are showing original screen used armor.

Indeed there is, and I have been looking, reading and bookmarking, since before I ordered the kit :)

Also there are the Blueray snapshots to look at :)

Belt have been redone and I have tried my hand at making some bicep hooks with the heat gun...NOT easy!

P22100012.jpgP22100024.jpg

Belt looks good to me :)

I have made my bicep hooks by holding the abs with my leather motorcycle gloves on, spot heating them with the top heating wire of my oven :D when the abs bends I pressed them immediately on the inside of my finished biceps to match the specific curved inside for the left and right bicep, the final layout of the hooks was made by bending them over one of my screwdriver shafts that I assumed from screen grabs had the right diameter.

Edited by Eldrik

Ahh yes...time for a mistake :6:

Its no major crisis, but still a bit annoying

In my eager to do what I can while the E6000 cures, I suddenly realised that I needed coverstrips more than I needed, the snap plates i was making!

Stopping the snap plate making to check I had enough strips to cover my thighs and shins I realised I had used too much of the raw strips provided by TM to make the rest of the strips 25mm, as the one I had already installed on the left shin.

So the solution would be to split the last raw strips I had in half, thus making the strips for the thighs roughly 22mm.

Most people probably wont even notice that shins are 25mm front and back, and the thigs only have 22mm...but I will always know!

P22100013.jpg

But I guess its something I will have to redo sometime. It works for now.

Edited by Arnie_DK

Left thigh doesn't look bad at all. You could maybe reduce the front cover strip by 5mm and trim the back strip at an angle to follow the armour.

The right thihg needs more work. Cut the trims to the red lines and just trim off where the green lines are (hope you can see them).

P22100025.jpg

The real thighs do not match up and you have to improvise here. Follow the red lines for the strips and just blend in the armour by cutting and smoothing away some of the return edge, or leave it ther and have a pointed edge as seen on some of the original armour.

sandtrooper.jpg