My AM is nearly finished..feedback please? :D

Ok so my AM armour is very nearly done, just a few more cosmetic and strapping things to do. I got my mum to take a bunch of photos of me fully kitted up and from a lot of angles/lengths.

So here it is! ------ (Note: ab buttons aren't done yet, mic tips currently aren't in, belt isn't finished, thigh ammo pack isn't attached, and rank stripes aren't painted)

What I've noticed already:

- The shoulder bells need a strap to connect to the sternum strap on my suspenders to pull them forward a bit, they sit back too far.

- The shins need velcro on the inside of the front to attach them to the boots so they don't spin around

- I need to strap the chest plate to the ab plate (probably with velcro and elastic) to pull it down (and keep it down) and pull the back plate up. (I'll do that before the shoulder bell straps to see if they stay forward without a sternum strap.)

- Add padding to the shins to help keep them snug against my legs

- Make a small strap between the sides of the butt plate the thighs to keep the butt plate down? Should I do that?

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hey John!

Nice to see another AM kit going! I have an AM myself.

The only thing I see that you haven't mentioned already up top is your butt plate. It seems to be flying loose a little bit ( I had the same problem). I e6000'd some webbing on the very ends where the buttplate meets the kidney plate which makes it seem a little more snug but its all up to you.

Mhmm, the AM is a really nice kit. I'd get anotehr one without hesitation. :)

Yeah, I might just use velcro and tight straps between the sides of it and the kidney plate before I glue anything on. :) If that keep coming undone or something I'll resort to glue. Thanks mate. :)

Edited by Spectre

Yeah it is a great kit, but it definitely wasn't meant for troopers my size. OH THE TRIMMING THAT HAD TO BE DONE!! I had so much leftover plastic :D

You are looking good mate! Can't wait to see it all finished!

EDIT: Have you considered seperating the cod peice from the ab? The seam you make would be covered by your belt and will allow you some flexability. When you are trooping it pays to be able to bend over (even a bit) so you can see the kids.

Edited by TD-4190

Haha the trimming would have been ridiculous. :lol:

Thanks. :D Not long now.

I might end up doing that, I'm gonna wear it on Saturday so I'll figure out then whether I need to or not. :)

Hey John!

Nice to see another AM kit going! I have an AM myself.

The only thing I see that you haven't mentioned already up top is your butt plate. It seems to be flying loose a little bit ( I had the same problem). I e6000'd some webbing on the very ends where the buttplate meets the kidney plate which makes it seem a little more snug but its all up to you.

I did the same thing with the butt plate on my AM kit, it has three straps connecting it to the kidney plate all up and it stays in place no problems.

I also separated the codpiece from the ab plate.