A Question for Belt makers and sellers?

I have a question for the Belt makers and sellers. With the recent discovery from RS of how the TK belt was made out of 6 individual layers of canvas faberic and stiched together, instead of the current "overlap" method . Is anyone going to have this option avaliable for an order? I think this would be a great addition for accuracy!

Andy

The one I made is sort of like that. I only made it with 3 layers but also have in the middle a thick interfacing. Intersting thought to make it all out of 6 layers. I might have ot go back and make a new one now. Problem is I can't find the material I really like anymore. :( It was in Colorado at Jo Anns in Loveland. Not white and not nutral. It was sort of in between and slightly softer feel overall.

Can you post a link to the place you saw this reference of 6 layers? Thanks.

About 3 years ago I made TE some canvas belts made up of 5 layers just like the ones he saw in the Lucas archives. But they were a pain in the a very impolite person to make and looked like crap so I would not do any more like that myself.

On 1/16/2012 at 6:08 AM, Tray said:

The one I made is sort of like that. I only made it with 3 layers but also have in the middle a thick interfacing. Intersting thought to make it all out of 6 layers. I might have ot go back and make a new one now. Problem is I can't find the material I really like anymore. :( It was in Colorado at Jo Anns in Loveland. Not white and not nutral. It was sort of in between and slightly softer feel overall.

Can you post a link to the place you saw this reference of 6 layers? Thanks.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed