Bit of nostalgia ....

G4Tyrant

Thought people might be interested in this for a bit of nostalgia ....

Its the original 1977 Star Wars Trailer! Notice the colour of the lightsabers in the Kenobi/Vader dual ;)

</a> Edited by Scott M.
Corrected title spelling

Is it my imagination but every time i see this, to me it sounds like william shatner.

It looks a bit naff as a film as well. Glad it was better on the big screen. I saw it in the centre of london at the dominium theatre on totenham court road when it had just come out. I was blown away not just by the film ,but the quality of the sound and the images.

I think i saw it about 18 times at different cinemas. Everybody i know thought i was mad.

It only seems like yesterday as well.

cheers

Just noticed i cant even spell Star Wars!!!!! How do i edit the Thread title people?!! :huh:

Mod's ... perhaps you could edit the title and then delete this post to save my embaressment!! ta ;)

Done. Now you owe me 100 laps around the Death Star. Don't forget to provide a full report when you get back.

:trooper:

BTW, the post stays for posterity.

Can you imagine, for you youngins, the thrill of seeing stuff like that on the screen? I mean, this was no Star Trek combat, but actual space fighters. Real alien-looking aliens that only had a vague humanoid shape (as opposed to blue face-paint and a white wig with antenna). Weapons that didn't make the pew pew laser sound...

Just imagine what people used to the movies from then must have thought.

It would be like comparing Halo 3 to Super Mario from the Nintendo!

If you watch the making of in the trilogy box set (the silver box, first dvd set) they talk about this trailer saying they were not even close to being dun with the post stuff when it first showed. Thats why the colors in the light sabers are still just white and there are sounds in the dock seen that are not in the film.

Can you imagine, for you youngins, the thrill of seeing stuff like that on the screen? I mean, this was no Star Trek combat, but actual space fighters. Real alien-looking aliens that only had a vague humanoid shape (as opposed to blue face-paint and a white wig with antenna). Weapons that didn't make the pew pew laser sound...

Just imagine what people used to the movies from then must have thought.

It would be like comparing Halo 3 to Super Mario from the Nintendo!

And don't forget what a big deal going to the pictures was in 1977. Ths generation take it for granted, they've generally seen a movie on pirate DVD a month BEFORE it comes out at the pictures. Back in '77 we didn't even have video, so if we didn't get to see it at the pictures, we weren't going to see it untill the BBC showed it a Christmas three years (if we were lucky) later! It was a HUGE deal back then, it was the talk of the playground for ever! I remember strutting round with my 'Darth Vader Lives!' badge on :D I still have it pinned to the curtains in my workshop :D Happy days!