This doesn't belong here...BUT

SolderMaster

I posted this over on the legion boards....

What is up with the armoredcalvary site????

I was going to join up there to do some research and it is so hard to read. It almost gives you a headache trying to see through all the white and grey.

Might I suggest a total redesign, something ledgible would be nice.

Or is there some way to change the theme and I'm just being a big fat cry baby???

YIKES!

ALSO, I tried entering in both my email addresses in to sign in. When I went to add my email address, it said my email was already in use. So I went to the forgot password page and entered in both email addresses that were used and both times got an error message about not being able to find the user name you selected...blah blah blah.

I understand this may not be a very popular site like whitearmor or sithlords, but COME ON!!!!

Sorry, just frustrated.

I want to thank the detachment command staff here for the awesome and EASY TO READ forum and site. OMG, I had to come back here and give my eyes a break from trying to read that "another word for pooy" site. Whoever designed and approved that theme or whatever, should have their head examined!!!

I signed up over there awhile ago, but forgot my user name...so I went to the register page and tried both my email addresses I use, tk5569@wi.rr.com and soldermaster@wi.rr.com . Both gave me an error saying it was already in use...I thought ok no prob, I'll just go to the sign in page and click forgot password. Then I get an error message saying there is no record of the user name or email....WTF??

SO, maybe one of you know's who runs that outfit could maybe look into the problem...AND change that crummy theme or background or whatever that hard to read, eye bleeder site!

K...I'm done crying. :shok:

There is a way to change the theme, just go to the bottom of the page and there should be something like a paint bucket or something with paint, click on it and change the color from light to any of the other two options

Ok, that I get. But why on Earth would they leave those two schemes as options, let alone the default. For someone new to the 501st and wanting to do one of those costume over there, wouldn't you want to have something that people could read?

No, I'm not a web designer. But...REALLY? White on white?

Wow.

I mean, if I'm being a total jerk...PLEASE let me know.

I'm looking at it from a new guy stand point. The site, IMHO, should be changed.

Jim, I had to google your post. Nope, I'm not the smartest person to wear white...But this makes me want to learn how to build and design a website.

Time to do some research...maybe I CAN help....someday.

What is the value of talking about it over here, rather than with the ACD staff? All of the detachments are constantly in need of volunteers willing and able to help out. The larger the detachment, the more people there are in the resource pool.

ACD is one of the smallest, so they don't have as many people to tap for assistance.

The vast majority of things that I know how to do were learned out of necessity. As you said, this would be a great time to learn to build a better web site!