I haven't heard that term used for armor... curious?

The key is to take your time... get your hands on as much reference as you can before cutting anything. Always mark your trim lines with a pencil before you cut. You'll also want to stock up on painter's tape, clamps, E-6000, and tons of rare earth magnets.

You can always ask for assistance. :)

Jesse

Hmmm, I'd really look into what someone is calling a "Snap Kit." This is the right place to get your answers though. Get other opinions before you do something, could save you a lot of heartache.

Read other people's build threads too, it will help you decide what kind of armour you want, and it will give you a massive insight into the construction side of things.

From the name 'snap kit' I would imagine their strapping system connects using snaps and snap plates, but that's pretty standard. Some people use velcro but a lot of people prefer snaps.

As I said, check out people's builds, and you will see how their strapping works, what they do, how they do it, etc. It'll help you eventually decide what you want to do for yours. :)

As always, research is the key! Don't do whatI did and start your build without even knowing how the bicep goes on! :P

For example. ;)

------------

Sort of an embarassing start, but the great people here set me straight. So I'd recommend researching ANH Hero and even Stunt build threads to get the gist of how the parts go together...and which direction they face. :P

Good luck with it all mate, you'll have heaps of fun. :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I think by snap kit, You mean a set of snaps from a fabric store like Jo-Ann. Should you decide to go with a snap based strapping system you'll need those as well as well as either some plastic from the kit, styrene or webbing to attach it to the armor. Lots of tutorials on here for that.

Checking out the build forums are really the best way to get up to speed as well as reading literally EVERYTHING you can find on here. I too am just starting and have purchased just about everything I think I'll need to get started. I'm just waiting for my kit to be ready. I posted a list of what I put together so far if you'd like to see what may be involved for you as you get ready piecing together your own arsenal.

Here's the post. Let me know if you have any questions about what I've got so far. A lot of it isn't probably absolutely necessary right at the beginning, but this is what I've culled from reading as much as possible so far and talking to a lot of these great troopers! You could also contact your local 501st to ask questions to folks near you.

----------

Good Luck!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed