lmr's RT-MOD Build[*RT]

Yah man. Looks good.

A couple minor things....

• The thighs should come up fo sizzle. If you can't get anymore height out of your straps I would suggest rethinking how they're set up.
  • You may have the same RT shoulder bell thing going on as I do. They could be higher...or rather... up closer to your shoulder bridges. Mine won't get much closer either and end up rotating one way or another.
  • I think because you don't have as long a torso as Rob, your chest is a bit low (and not just because your belt is riding high) but not a biggie. However, it doesn't look like you have much room to pull it up toward your neck. Maybe someday once you get a few troops under your ammo belt you could think about trimming some off the bottom of the chest... or maybe trimming some off the top of your cod would lower the ab plate. Since its covered up by the belt it would be way easier than trying to get the shape of the chest right. Just leave it for now and ignore me :)
  • Your drop boxes look a tad low too. Check out some screen caps or centurion threads for reference.

Now wasn't the knee ammo pack a real sonofawitch?

Rock on with your bad RT self!

Aloha,

-Eric

I'm going to change my approach to the thighs. I'm going to put them on first now and really wiggle my hands around. I'm using industrial velcro instead of elastic and snaps (since the snaps kept breaking), so I can probably get another inch or two out of it with both of these.

I think the shoulder bells are sagging a little because they pull my webbing bridges off to the side. I don't really see any way around that one to be honest, so I may just have to deal with it.

And yes, the knee pack was bloody hard.

My big question is, is there anything here to prevent me from getting approval?

I'm no GML but you look better than most TK's in the legion :) You shouldn't have a problem with 501st approval at all.

And yeah you and I must have the same shoulders. Mine pulled my elastic way way way down too... looked like total crap... so I ended up putting a strap all the way across my chest from one bell to another.

Aloha,

-Eric

I'm going to change my approach to the thighs. I'm going to put them on first now and really wiggle my hands around. I'm using industrial velcro instead of elastic and snaps (since the snaps kept breaking), so I can probably get another inch or two out of it with both of these.

I think the shoulder bells are sagging a little because they pull my webbing bridges off to the side. I don't really see any way around that one to be honest, so I may just have to deal with it.

And yes, the knee pack was bloody hard.

My big question is, is there anything here to prevent me from getting approval?

Aw shucks, you're gonna make me blush. :wub:

I'll look over your build thread again to see how you did that, it won't hurt to see if your method right now works better. Plus, it'll give me something else to tinker with, as if this hasn't cost me enough time and minor cuts with scissors. (I'm like the running joke in my family now).

And as much as a I hate double-posting, I really should say...

My build is now finished, as I am now TK 8045.

Many thanks to all of you who helped me. And I know that though this thread might be done, the tinkering will be with you. Always.

And as much as a I hate double-posting, I really should say...

My build is now finished, as I am now TK 8045.

Many thanks to all of you who helped me. And I know that though this thread might be done, the tinkering will be with you. Always.

Congrats, TK8045!!!! :)