correct helmet pattern?

Thalizar

Hello getting ready to start my TKC build and have been doing a bit of research. I've noticed that the paint pattern differ in pictures. I've noticed that some taper only in the front but stay wide in the back of the helmet. But on the CRL page looks like it tapers down the front and back. Which is correct?

all the game references show a taper in both the front and the back.

f4dGRqn.jpg

the gentile giant has no taper (but it is really very different from the game in a lot of respects)

SW_StormtrooperCommander.300.jpg

personally, i think the game version looks much better than the GG interpretation :)

yes Vern, it obviously tapers in the front on both game and statue references. but one thing to take into consideration when painting is that neither the game or GG statue are accurately proportioned TK helmets. both are artists interpretations of a TK helmet, and the shape and scale is quite different from a "real" stormtrooper helmet. so it really boils down to painting the details as closely as you can to the reference you are using while taking some artistic license yourself to adapt the design to a real helmet.its really more important to capture the overall look of a TKC than to get all the angles and tapers 100% exact. i expect that i will never see 2 TKC helmets painted the exact same way. ;)