Screen Used Undersuit?

All,

I haven't quite found the search verbiage to find out what the actual undersuits were in the OT. I have seen reference to some dancewear for the tour suits but that's it.

Do we know what stormtroopers wore under the white hard stuff in the movies?

Aloha,

-Eric

John Mollo stated in an old interview for ANH: "We had a black all-in-one leotard for the Stormtroopers"

I put this info in the Reception Center under the undersuit part when I was updating it...... but it was somehow lost when we transferred it over from Joomla.... :( I will have to fix that.....

John Mollo stated in an old interview for ANH: "We had a black all-in-one leotard for the Stormtroopers"

That's what I use! :D

They're also called "unitards". You can get them at a dance supply store (online or in person), although getting them in a size to fit a large man can be tricky.

I don't think they used a one piece unitard for undersuits. I think they wore a seperate black turtle neck dance top and dance leggings. The screen grabs and promo photos I have seen show they are not too tight either.

There is a photo out there of a trooper taking a knap at Elstree and I believe there are one or two other half dressed troopers at his side. One has a white t-shirt while wearing the black leggings and leg armour if memory serve me.

@ Paul, so you are saying that John Mollo is wrong??? His interview was taken back from 1976, which means that it would have been fresh at the time of filming ANH or I should say "Star Wars" and not something 20 or 30 years down the road...

There is a photo out there of a trooper taking a knap at Elstree and I believe there are one or two other half dressed troopers at his side. One has a white t-shirt while wearing the black leggings and leg armour if memory serve me.

I have seen that pic and for some reason I think that was from ESB. :)

Here's a link with the John Mollo quote from the Making of Star Wars book.

-Eric

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 11/25/2011 at 3:15 AM, troopermaster said:

I don't think they used a one piece unitard for undersuits. I think they wore a seperate black turtle neck dance top and dance leggings. The screen grabs and promo photos I have seen show they are not too tight either.

That one?

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed