Too Short to be a short trooper?

Hello all Ive been reasearching alot of stuff, and love how helpful the swcommunity one of the main reasons I also love Star wars. Anyhow I been always been interesting in costumes ,and not until recently Ive decided to begin doing one. I really have my heart set on being a stormtrooper But of course I am super short. 5'2" So I was wondering if i was too short to be a stomtrooper. Ive did some reading and found alot of ppl suggesting AP Armor for shorter troops. but not at my size haha. Well if anyone can give some advice I would welcome it thank you all :snowtrooper:

The world's first female Centurion is 5'4. (5'7 with lifts). Send me a PM and I can give you some links to the lifts we used to get her a bit taller. Also, yeah AP would probably be your best bet. The ATA we used on her armor was a PITA to get to fit. A lot of mods that were not for the faint of heart.

Desmond,

Ā 

I am short as well. I am 5' 3.5 tall. I have AP armor. I am in the same place. My problem is the thigh lengths. Here is a link to my build. I am still working on finishing. I aim to be Centurion! Luis, how did you work with the thighs? Did you cut the tops? I will be working on redoing them soon.

Ā 

Andy

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

My wife is 5'0" and I got her AM Shadow trooper approved. It can be done even with the larger armor it's all in the trimming and cutting. Enduring the "too short for a stormtrooper" that's something else.:)

LOL you guys are too funny. I was thinking of trying the Stormtrooper but i also did some research on the TIE Fighter Pilot, they are a bit shorter. Also they seem to be a bit easier for a first time Costume. Only problem I am having guys i read all the great information you have on how to trim, adjust costumes. But I havent seen where to actually order the kits unless I am missing something. But you guys do have alot of useful and helpful information. Also I definately will go with AP armor if I decide to do a stormtrooper everyone seems to give good advice on that. PGHTrooper thanks for the link alot of useful pics too btw.

On 11/23/2011 at 12:47 AM, PGHtrooper21 said:

Desmond,

Ā 

I am short as well. I am 5' 3.5 tall. I have AP armor. I am in the same place. My problem is the thigh lengths. Here is a link to my build. I am still working on finishing. I aim to be Centurion! Luis, how did you work with the thighs? Did you cut the tops? I will be working on redoing them soon.

Ā 

Ā 

Andy

Ā 

I actually trimmed the bit above her cod piece just below the ab plate. There's a strip of about an inch and a half that can be removed. We simply cut it there and glued it back together in the most ghetto fashion possible. :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 11/23/2011 at 4:30 AM, Shortstormtrooper said:

But I havent seen where to actually order the kits unless I am missing something.

Ā 

Here's the list of approved armor makers:

The various types of armor and where to find them

Ā 

On 11/23/2011 at 4:07 AM, necron999 said:

How 'bout "too bald to be a wookie", no that would get you in trouble too. lol

Ā 

I've actually been compiling a list of good comebacks to the "aren't you a little short" line, haha.

Ā 

On 11/23/2011 at 4:41 AM, bobojuice said:

I actually trimmed the bit above her cod piece just below the ab plate. There's a strip of about an inch and a half that can be removed. We simply cut it there and glued it back together in the most ghetto fashion possible. :)

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

That first link is way more than we had to remove for Olga's suit. If you want I can get a pic of what it looks like now and the back so you can see what we did. I actually left about a quarter of an inch on the far ends so we'd have a way to fully attach it.

Ā 

Luis, Thanks for the tip! I try that out!

Ā 

Andy

Hey gang just giving you an update, I have contacted one of the armor guys from the contact list you guys helped me with. The AP armor is really nice and has already replyed to me with information. Not sure how it goes from here but Should i contact the Co or something of my local garrison to request to join or should I wait until i have the full armor and put together?

The sooner you register with your local garrison, the better. In addition to meeting the people you will eventually troop with and perhaps participate in some events as a handler, they will also be able to help you assemble your kit.

On 11/23/2011 at 8:04 AM, Shortstormtrooper said:

Hey Luis I pm u about those lifts u suggested, but for some reason it just keeps loading when I tryed to send a pm so not sure if you got it bud.

Ā 

I'll just post it in here. I only wanted a PM cause I had to run and didn't want to forget about it.

------------

Ā 

Those are the ones we used for Olga. Just remember that you'll have to fiddle around with which platforms you use. At a certain point they become too tall and the sides of the boots become very floppy. You might be able to get away with going higher with the new TK Boots though since they do seem taller.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed