The UKG take Expo by storm!

89Batman

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89batman/s ... 68/detail/

6300558697_13407df366_o.jpg 

The UKG were at The London Expo last weekend for the new Mem- Expo event.

This was an amazing troop and we really stole the show. Three days of hard core trooping!!

It was great to see everyone together and we were joined by the CO of the UK Rebel Legion and the R2 owners club!

We also were joined by several new recruits who some may say had a trial by fire, talk about in at the deep end. They all loved it though and appear to be hooked!

On the Saturday we were asked by the Starlight foundation to attend and make a wish come true for a lovely little boy who is sadly terminally ill. It was an honour and a privilege to be able to be a part of making that little boy's dream come true.

The event was huge success for us and we were able to show off some of our new and old props. Some of you may recognise the Death Star corridor from CE but the speeder is new. Renovated by the Vectis Remnant squad led by our very own Matt Sparling. Matt and the guys really stepped up to the plate when the speeder was going to be sold off or worse still scrapped!! I am sure that you will alll agree they did a fine job and it was a huge hit at the weekend.

This led to them receiving one our highest honours, The Graham Campbell award, so named after our founder. I had the privilege

of presenting this to them at our annual ball on the Saturday evening.

This is probably the largest event in the UK and looks set to grow and grow.

I hope maybe some of our brothers from overseas may be able to join us next year.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Well what can i add to what our CO has mentioned , apart from Gary , Me and my wife Karen ( Newbie ) , are so glad to be a part of this awsome club theres so much hard work , time and energy that gose in to all our troops by the staff and members who all make this a realitey and a dream come true :salute: , awsome Photos mate of the 3 day event , and i will thank Sam when i see her next mate B) , yes would be awsome for our overseas buddys to join us in this big event :) , Karen is still on cloud nine from her first troop at the Expo ;) like i say so proud to be part of the UKG family , and many more to come with some really good freinds :)

You guys/girls did an AWESOME job. I'd love to hop a plane and join in the fun!!!!! :) Very cool pics. :)

My sentiments exactly. Would love to do a MEM one day. Great job as always. :salute:

We would sincerely love to have you guys visit!!

I hope you make it happen one of these days, I promise we will look after you.

We would sincerely love to have you guys visit!!

I hope you make it happen one of these days, I promise we will look after you.

Same goes for your group! :)

Course, I live in the middle of corn and bean fields... not much to do where I am. :)